Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello, I am Rachel, a new member  (Read 933 times)

Rae64

• First Flush
Hello, I am Rachel, a new member
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »

Hello, I thought I would introduce myself to this community :)  I am 56 yrs old and live in Hampshire.  I have been affected a lot by the menopause over the last 5 or 6 years.  I am hypothyroid (underactive thryroid) which sometimes makes my symptoms seem worse.   :-\

I started with a few night sweats which turned into flashes 24/7.  Some are fine and I can cope without a fan or anyone knowing I am suffering but usually I am hot and very sweaty in a matter of seconds.  I have a fan with me EVERYWHERE I go as I just can't manage with out them. 

I tried 2 different sorts of HRT but neither were good for me, they made me into a psycho-woman..no joke.  So for the last 4 years I have been doing it au natural :)  I used to have a busy stressful job (for 24 yrs) and was made to retire early in Aug 19.  At the time I was out of control stressed and it made my symptoms 100 times worse.  My sweats were constant and debilitating and my moods...I was up and down so badly.  I was happy as Larry one minute and screaming at my supervisor the next.  No wonder they got rid of me!  It wasn't until I left this job did I realize how bad it was making me feel.  I have since got a totally different job with NO stress and I do feel so much better. 

I would love to wake up tomorrow morning and it all be done with but I have read this can go on for 15 years!  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. ;D

So Hello and hopefully I can find kindred spirits here in our suffering  ;D

jaypo

Re: Hello, I am Rachel, a new member
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 08:31:24 AM »

Hello Rae and welcome to the forum.
Symptoms can go on for some time and for me it's about adjusting to the new norm,I've had hot flushes and night sweats for years now and like you I have a fan with me at all times. Have you got a decent one? Look online for the rechargeable ones,they are by far the best and actually blow out COLD air  :)

Rae64

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »

Hi Jaypo, thank you for your welcome.  Yes, I do have the rechargeable fans...all 5 of them!!!!  I went to USA in 2018 and took 3 with me...everyone laughed at me but they soon changed their tune when they were begging me to borrow them!  I even left one with our American friends.  The funny thing is, I was in such hot temperatures in the US that my flashes COOLED ME DOWN...how does that even work ;D

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 11:46:57 AM »

Haha I've no idea,I've stopped trying to figure out the menopause  ;D
Omg I'm not the only one with multiple fans then ;D ;D they're fab those rechargeable ones,those little twirly ones are a complete waste of time.
Hopefully someone will come along re the HRT,I've never taken it,it's been rough at times and all your symptoms sound like mine but I'm hoping I'm coming through it,still have a bit of anxiety at times but I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel,still get the sweats and dread summer as they're so much worse then  :'(
Anyway have a look round the forum,if you've a question,you'll find the answer to it on here somewhere xx