Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Out of Lockdown - slowly  (Read 1515 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Out of Lockdown - slowly
« on: February 23, 2021, 01:23:57 PM »

I will be carrying my vaccine card without any problems regarding privacy etc.. I may add details in my SOS bracelet though taking the very small paper work out, filling it in and refitting it may prove difficult  ;D

For years holiday makers to Africa and India had to undergo vaccinations against killer diseases.  One could not leave the plane without showing their Vaccination Cards, particularly in parts of Africa.  Yellow fever, dengue fever, polio., diphtheria all had to be accounted for.

DH and I have been breaking the Law.  Apparently.  Soon people will be able to hug each other  ;D

I can't see why hairdressers can't open sooner, they are after all hyginelly aware and my salon has been very thorough in keeping clients safe.

I am looking forwards to a drive to Ivinghoe Beacon on a sunny day with a picnic to simply sit.  Enjoying the view :-).

jaypo

Re: Out of Lockdown - slowly
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »

Can't wait to go away in the RV again,think caravan parks are open in April  :)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 09:21:09 PM »

Can't wait to hug my sons. Before then though at least I can get a haircut and sit in ALL of the local pub gardens sharing a drink and chat with much missed friends. Taxi home then!

Taz x  ;D

Salad

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:47 AM »

Getting to spend time with my children and their partners, preferably at the same time.
 Meeting friends for coffee and chatting for hours.
 Walking around shops as my chosen form of exercise  :D

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »

Hello ladies.

I have one particular friend who I meet for coffee once a month and we usually chat for about four hours. I have really missed seeing her.

During the various tiered systems that we have been through we both wanted to meet up outside or in the park but she was too worried about catching COVID and giving it to her husband and son who have serious health problems.  We keep in touch via social media and I hope we can meet up when the rules allow but I suspect she will still be very nervous about it. She has become practically housebound during the pandemic so even if I think certain activities are safe I won't be able to see her if she is still afraid.
This pandemic has destroyed her confidence I'm afraid and it may be some time before she recovers.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

C.C.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 03:18:07 PM »

Here we have restricted openings like gyms, salons, retail, restaurants etc. are open but with limited capacity.  I haven't seen my brother for a very long time.  He lives in the region right next door but it's still under the stay-at-home order.  I talk to him occasionally and he is so fed up.

The issue now is that the more contagious variants have made their way into the population and I fear we may end up in another lockdown by summer.  My region seems to be doing ok but we do get "region jumpers" that are taking advantage of the opportunity to shop and dine here.  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 03:49:18 PM »

I don't know how many more lockdowns we can have here,the country will be on it's knees

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 06:23:47 PM »

It will be interesting to see how many people go back into the office and how many work from home permanently

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »

I think that by August Life will be 'back to normal', people will forget unless they have been personally affected by illness, death or working on the front line.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 06:51:47 PM »

I think that we will have a new normal. I don't think life will go back to being as it was. The tremendous damage done to businesses, small and large, will impact greatly on day to day life I reckon.

Taz  :(

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 10:44:53 PM »

As well as the tax hikes coming along to pay for it...  :(

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 03:15:23 PM »

Will 'they' dare sheila? 

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 04:31:17 PM »

Yep and us that have survived business wise through this Covid are going to be the ones to pay,dreading it tbh