Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Irresponsible dog owners  (Read 1321 times)

jaypo

Irresponsible dog owners
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:30:20 AM »

Did anyone read today how 7 ewes and 3 rams had their faces literally chewed off by a dog/dogs? Happened in North Wales,what a dreadful end for any animal.
Some dog owners seem to think a leash is just something you hang around your neck,no respect for anyone else. How many times have we heard after an attack or it chasing another animal.......oh,he's NEVER done that before  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Irresponsible dog owners
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:41:03 PM »

I couldn't read the report.  However, many dog attacks in Wales are done by the sheep dogs on the farm  >:(.  My sister did a survey in the 1980s on Anglesey and surrounding area, as at the time she bred sheepdogs as well as having terriers.  It seems that the sheep dogs are under control when being worked but can get into a chase scenario and attack if the farmer isn't there.

It's been a similar scenario in several parts of the UK, with sheep and other animals probably due to more walkers; horses dying because the public feed them which causes bloat.   :'(

As well as at least 5 horses needing pulling out of ditches/slurry pit/rivers  :o since C.mas.  All well at the end fortunately!!

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »

Down on the estate where I walk the dogs,there are signs literally everywhere saying keep all dogs on leads,as there is an abundance of wildlife there,yet half of the owners don't seem to think these signs apply to them,it's a private estate owned by Lord Landsdowne and when he comes driving down his roads he's doing about 90,no dog would stand a chance

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:17:23 PM »

One Rule for him?  Does he have a Game keeper ;-). 

I get really angry at irresponsible owners of anything  :-\.  Apparently there's a poorly sheep with 2 lambs but the farmer appears to be ignoring her/them.  Trouble is, none of the fields are marked with who to contact if there is a problem.

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »

Yep he has a gamekeeper,it's a huge estate. Same here,walked through a field of sheep on the estate ,1 horrifically lame and two others so thin they could hardly stand  :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:50:26 PM by jaypo »

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 06:32:49 PM »

RSPCA ?  local Community Police usually have a Wildlife Officer.