Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause has changed me  (Read 1487 times)

mymeno

• First Flush
Menopause has changed me
« on: February 20, 2021, 07:42:40 PM »

I am 4 years post menopause.   I always thought I was a lucky one growing up. Had no issues with monthly cycles.  Very easy pregnancies. Was 55 when had last period.  Then it all hit.  I have had severe symptoms.  Initially had such swelling it caused carpal tunnel  in both wrists that caused nerve damage.  Surgery and rehab was able to recover.  Heart issues. Had all the tests because I thought I was going to have a stroke or heart attach.  All came back normal. Gastric issues,  headaches, liteheaded, strange hunger/sugar issues Hot flashes day and night.   Anxiety that I never had before.   Loss of interest.    COVID issolation has not helped. Went on HRT to try and get a handle on symptoms. Was on for about a year.  Came off because did not seem to be helping.
Doctors seem clueless.   My PCP says I'm fine so check with OBGYN.  my OBGYN says that symptoms I am having are not normally associated with menopause  so must be another reason. Check with PCP. 
As years went by symptoms have gradually lessened but come back now on a rotating bases.  I am a stubborn women who feels I should be able to handle this better.  Other women seem to.  Why can't I?  I need some encouragement that I am not alone or crazy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause has changed me
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »

I just replied  :-\ have U 2 threads?

mymeno

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:51:07 PM »

Mistakenly putn8n other spot.  New to sight. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:40 PM »

That's fine - will continue on the other 1 ;-)