Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Symptoms when putting on new patch  (Read 1271 times)

Peri-wrecked

Symptoms when putting on new patch
« on: February 07, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »

Hello,
I am just wondering do any of you experience symptoms when changing your patch. I change my 100 patch every wednesday and sunday and I've been logging how I feel every day to see if it's helping me. I usually have a great day (well better maybe not great) the day before I'm due to change it and then the day I change it I'm struggling with headache, stiffness in joints, feeling flushed, light headed and just off. I'm also on the mirena coil. I am trying to give this regime a few months run at it as I really am hoping for some relief from my symptoms. 
Anybody have similar experience? Any recommendations? Thank you.

KBallinger

Re: Symptoms when putting on new patch
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:46:35 AM »

Hi Peri-wrecked

Does it happen both times you change it or on only one of the days. I was told to change mine every 3 days rather than 3 and 4 to avoid fluctuations.

If it is happening on both occasions maybe you need to reduce to a 75mcg as the patch could be too high for you. X

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »

Hello KBallinger, thank you for replying. I'm not actually sure now. After posting my message I became sick with a fever later that night and was feeling very unwell. So, I'm thinking that particular day was a fever brewing but I still feel this patch hasn't done anything much for me yet. Or maybe it's the mirena coil making me feel this way.
It's hard to tell. I'm waiting results of covid test as I don't feel 100% yet and I can't return to work until I get results.
Do you find your regime is working for you? Do you also have the mirena coil as well?  How long before you noticed a difference?
Thank you for replying.  :)

KBallinger

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 12:18:16 AM »

I did not get on with the Mirena. I felt awful everyday not just patch change day.
I got weepy before patch change on the 4th day part and gynae said to change every 3 days to avoid the fluctuations on the 4 day change.
Hope you feel better soon. X