Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Intrarosa/DHEA and Ovestin  (Read 3298 times)

Psychosocial

Intrarosa/DHEA and Ovestin
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:43:15 PM »

Hi, does anyone use both of these?  I have recently been trying Ovestin for the last few weeks (couldn't tolerate more than a week of daily loading as it irritated externally as the cream residue came out the next day (not internally oddly enough).  Gynaecologist has given me intrarosa to use as well as I had problems with Vagifem irritating inside.

Part of me thinks give the Ovestin a chance first, but I've been in discomfort since last October and am getting desperate!

Postmeno3

Re: Intrarosa/DHEA and Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 04:20:37 PM »

I am extremely interested in Intrarosa experience and the whole DHEA "thing" in terms of vaginal/vulval health. It sounds like you have a very insightful practitioner as I understand Intrarosa is not widely licensed? Do keep me posted!!!
💚

Psychosocial

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 03:14:47 PM »

Hi Postmeno3 - I have now been using Intrarosa for just over two months, and it has made a big difference.  I also use Ovestin now twice a week externally, as I think I definitely need that.  The gynae did say I shouldn't use both long term, but I'm not sure why as a lot of people do seem to use both Vagifem and Ovestin long term.  I had Intrarosa prescribed privately, but have got it added to my NHS repeat prescriptions now.  I believe a lot of health authorities are reluctant to approve it because of cost, but I think more are doing so now.  Yes it can be a bit messy to use (ok during the night but need a panty liner during the day) and the extra discharge seems to irritate my vulva sometimes, and on those grounds I may try Vagifem again in a few months' time to see if healthier tissues mean that I can tolerate it.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »

I too would also be interested in your experience with Intrarosa as several ladies have tried it to mixed reviews.  I use Vagifem 5x a week plus estrone cream externally but I don't particularly like the discharge from Vagifem.  Intrarosa is not available in Canada yet  but there is something similar DHEA.  Keep us posted.

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 07:05:45 PM »

Yes, please! 😊

Lunalowe

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 03:49:57 PM »

Hi all,

3 months in and I am an intrarosa convert.
Estriol cream gave me thrush and swollen boobs and I could only tolerate it x1 per week.
Intrarosa in contrast has worked better - it has hugely helped both VA and low libido and I have no ongoing side effects although I think I felt a bit nauseous when I first started on it.

Best used at night and wear knickers to bed, but apart from that no issues. Very easy to use.
I am not sure how long to carry on using it for and my next step is to try and find out if its lifelong use like Estriol or not..

Jasmine20

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 06:39:17 PM »

Is Intrarosa usually only prescribed by a Menopause Clinic or can your GP prescribe?

I'm curious about trying it particularly as it's a hard suppository without all the preservatives that usually irritate me when using a cream.

Thanks.

Psychosocial

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 06:27:44 PM »

GP should be able to prescribe it, but I'm not sure it's available everywhere (ie some PCTs don't have it in their formulary).  But if you find other topical oestrogens are difficult to tolerate, it's worth a try.  The only problem is the discharge!  Definitely need panty liners during the day.

Bluesky

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »

Hello, I have just been prescribed Intrarosa. I have used Ovestin (burns me), Vagifem, then Imvaggis but all of them give me thrush.... so hoping Intrarosa can work. Have you noticed any improvement? I have noticeable tissue shrinkage of labia minora and also narrow vaginal canal  which is very upsetting. so impossible sex and speculum inspection super super painful. I have been 7 months using local oestrogen but the shrinkage and narrowness has not improved or back to what it  was....
I am now on cyclical HRT since last month  (2 pumps gel and progestestorne in oral tablet form)
I am really upset as for months my GP told could not be lack of oestrogen cause I still had periods, it was wrong advice....