Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Microvascular angina  (Read 1809 times)

Artmouse

Microvascular angina
« on: February 02, 2021, 11:15:10 AM »

Hi all,

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? 

I've been suffering from palpitations, shortness of breath, upper abdominal pain, bad fatigue for the past 5 months.  Have been referred to have a cardiac mri in March (finally!).  I strongly suspect that this is what I have and I wondered what other's experience of it is - symptoms, diagnosis etc?

It's really awful and scary!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Microvascular angina
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:28:07 PM »

Bit of a shock for you?  Did your GP make the suggestion. I think if it were urgent the referral wouldn't be as late as March.  MayB have a look at the British Heart Foundation web-site and ask there?  Let us know!

Artmouse

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:40:04 PM »

They spotted something on a 24 hour ecg so I was told to go to A&E straight away.  Had an emergency angiogram which they said was clear and a 7 day tape, also apparently OK.  I still have all these awful symptoms though and no idea what’s causing them.  Has now been 5 months.  I think things are slower due to COVID but it’s so scary not knowing and being hit with these symptoms every day.

I did my own research on Microvascular angina and GP just said yes it could be.  Am also being investigated for gallstones maybe causing problems.  Having an US scan next week so at least that’s something.

I’m suspicious it’s a cardio thing because every time I try to walk more than 15 mins feel awful and sometimes have to go to bed plus get upper abdominal pain radiating to chest. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 04:59:07 PM »

It's a worry.  Do look at the British Heart Foundation web-site.

Artmouse

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 02:24:42 PM »

Thanks, it’s on the BHF website.  I just wondered if anyone out there has it and how they were diagnosed. 

My doctor has said he can’t do anything more so have to wait for cardiac MRI end March.  Sometimes I feel so ill I think I’m going to have a heart attack.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:51:55 PM »

That's awful. Could you ring the Dept to C if there is a possibility of having an appt. if someone cancels? 

Artmouse

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »

I asked to be contacted if any cancellations back in Nov but didn’t get a reply just the date for March appt.  Maybe I should email again, don’t even know if they have a cancellations list.  I’d go at a moment’s notice!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »

Ring the Dept., don't rely on e-mails which can get lost ;-)

Artmouse

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 09:13:24 AM »

Think I'll have to contact them after Wednesday as I have an ultra sound appt. on that day that I've been waiting for for months and knowing my luck a cancellation would come up exactly that day!  Aaaaarrggh! 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 09:17:20 AM »

That's OK.  Little steps.

elsie001

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

I've had it a couple of times.  To be honest, I only found out what it was by accident when I read an article in the Daily Mail.  Until then, my GP's had no idea what it was and I went through the usual tests - ultrasound, ecg etc which all came back normal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7548047/One-heart-disorder-hard-spot-angiogram.html

I also had uncontrollable shivering and vomitting.  I have huge sympathy for anyone going through it.  Honestly thought I was dying when it was at its worst! Next day I'd be absolutely fine!

Artmouse

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 11:53:50 AM »

I haven’t had shivering or vomiting but often get nausea.  To be honest I feel quite tearful that I’ve been left like this for 5 months.  All of the symptoms are getting worse, I’m practically an invalid.