Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: colposcopy Leep/Letz procedure because the cervix canal closed up  (Read 1295 times)

Ruby10

I had a smear 2019 which had HPV but normal cells, then last month smear said HPV and borderline mild abnormal cells so I was sent for a colposcopy. When I had the colposcopy the dr could not see anything on the outside of my cervix with the solution they put on it, Is this normal to not see anything there even though my smear showed abnormal cells?  The dr could not see inside my cervix canal as she said it had closed up due to being in perimenopause stage, so she decided to do a Leep Letz procedure to get a biopsy for testing . Has anyone been through this because of the cervix canal being closed due to menopause and does this affect your smears being done in the future with it being even more closed up due to having the letz procedure?  Was there muchbleeding after this  procedure as the days went on?
My period was due the day of the letz it has not started and never been this late before could it be due to the procedure its delayed or would it have trouble getting through the end of the cervix?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:08:03 AM by Ruby10 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: colposcopy Leep/Letz procedure because the cervix canal closed up
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »

Was the examination done by your GP or a Gynaecologist at Hospital?

I would ring the Secretary there and ask, she can discuss with the Consultant and let you know.  Do U have a follow up appt.?

Ruby10

Re: colposcopy Leep/Letz procedure because the cervix canal closed up
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 03:28:28 PM »

HI CLKD
The colposcopy and Leep procedure was done at the hospital by a gynacologist and they will write to me with the biopsy results.