Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Root canal pain  (Read 6408 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Root canal pain
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 08:27:03 PM »

Back to back pain killers, alternating ibprofen and paracetamol. The ibprofen works the best and also using oragel which numbs it and makes it more bearable. I am only eating on the one side but wondered if the jaw movement had aggravated it, hoping it was that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »

Hard to eat on one side, I forget quite easily.

4 me it's not knowing if/when the pain will ease ........  :hug:

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »

Back to back pain killers, alternating ibprofen and paracetamol. The ibprofen works the best and also using oragel which numbs it and makes it more bearable. I am only eating on the one side but wondered if the jaw movement had aggravated it, hoping it was that.

You can take the paracetamol and ibprophin together.  You may get some sleep then.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 10:59:40 AM »

Did U sleep?

sorbet

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »

I would ring tomorrow and tell them you’re in unbearable pain. I’m
sure the dentist will want to see you. Take care xx

Foxylady

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

Hi shropshirelass,

Hope you are getting some relief, there's nothing I would add to what the others have said other than you have my sympathy. I have had x2 root canal treatments and New Years week ended up with an emergency appointment and given oral antibiotics for an infection in one of the treated areas, my regular dentist to follow me up with long term plan for this tooth. The pain is horrendous. Let us know how you get on. x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 01:22:28 PM »

I had an awful evening and couldn't sleep. I have been feeling a bit better since being up. Im just hoping its the inflammation peaking (Mr Google said 48-72 hours the pain could peak!), but Ive still got that foul taste after lying down. I'll ring the dentist tomorrow unless its a lot better, but I'm still hoping as I really don't want it opening up again unless its absolutely necessary.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 01:35:04 PM »

GOOGLE  :poke2: don't know much unless you went to an NHS site?

Get those feet up and rest.  Doze. 

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 10:43:31 PM »

I really sympathise Shropshireless. My OH had root canal before Xmas and was in agony after, had to have antibiotics etc but it did settle.  He had another one two weeks ago and has been again in loads of pain, acute pain despite painkillers.  I felt really sorry for him.  He had the tooth out on Friday.
Hopefully yours will settle they usually do so the dentist told him x
Best wishes x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »

Thanks Groundhog. Was your husbands second root canal a different tooth, or recurring trouble from the same one? How awful for him. My dentist suspects I will also need another root canal on the next tooth but I'm hoping he's wrong. I am feeling slightly better today so haven't rung the dentist yet. Hopefully it is on the mend and I am just a wimp!

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »

Wimp you are not !  I think toothache is one of the worst pains ever!
It was a different tooth.  This was a top incisor that he’s had removed, the previous one was a bottom tooth.  He has had a nightmare apart from the metronizadole antibiotics making him unwell ( plus no alcohol lol ) he’s been very miserable. 
Tooth has gone and he’s gone to work today hallelujah !

Really hope this settles, they usually do but it takes a few days of torture - you have my absolUte sympathy 🙏

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »

...... and mine!    :foryou:

shrosphirelass

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 12:42:27 PM »

Thanks both. I didn't have that antibiotic as anything other than penicillan makes me sick. That's probably why the infection didn't clear as well as he hoped. Also glasses of wine have been the only thing to buy me a few hours sleep! Glad your OH is finally better Groundhog, I know it feels like it is never ending torture.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 01:04:12 PM »

Use what ever it takes? 

sorbet

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 06:39:31 PM »

Thanks both. I didn't have that antibiotic as anything other than penicillan makes me sick. That's probably why the infection didn't clear as well as he hoped. Also glasses of wine have been the only thing to buy me a few hours sleep! Glad your OH is finally better Groundhog, I know it feels like it is never ending torture.

Oh bless you, a course of Amoxicillin would probably clear it up without it being opened up again.
Take care and please don’t suffer xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4