Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Still spotting for 7 days.  (Read 713 times)

lillith112

Still spotting for 7 days.
« on: January 14, 2021, 09:07:30 PM »

Been on HRT 1 year, mx50 patches and utrogestan 12 days a month. My bleed always comes like clockwork 2 days after last progesterone tablet. Except for this cycle,  I'm day 17, been on utro just 2 nights and have had horrendous left sided lower tummy pain and throbbing which I thought was diverticulitis, went to the loo and have bleeding  :( . I've never had mid cycle bleeding before, got GP appointment tomorrow.
I used to track my fertility and bizarrely this cycle instead of the normal day or 2, I've had 10 days of fertile cervical mucus, and loads of it. Could this be something to do with my body trying to ovulate or something sinister 😕. I have had cin3 and part of cervix removed, plus 3 years of smears as my body cant rid itself of the hpv virus. Worried.com.

Lillith.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:14:41 PM by lillith112 »

Hurdity

Re: 1 year on HRT, left side pain, mid cycle bleed ?.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »

Sorry to hear that you are worried about your bleeding which you feel is abnormal for you. You've done the right thing in seeing the doctor and i expect the appointment is today?

The thing is HRT does not actually suppress your underlying cycle so ovulation can take place, and at a time which does not necessarily tie in with your HRT cycle.  Hormones also fluctuate wildly during peri-menopause - although HRT stabilises this a little by preventing your oestrogen levels from dropping too low at the end of the cycle. Hopefully this is all that has happened (ovulation and a natural period as a result of this) but I can understand that it is worrying.

I hope all is well and do let us know how your appointment went.

Hurdity x

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:15:04 PM »

Hi Hurdity, thanks for your reply, GP wasn't worried,  said cervix looked ok, if it keeps happening she said to go back.
I did synchronise the HRT with my own cycle, but perhaps it's gradually out of sync. I feel more reassured now.

Lillith

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 06:23:57 AM »

Well I had more spotting yesterday, and im bleeding this morning, and had period type cramps. No idea what's going on as had no issues for the last year. Period is still not due for another 7 days.
 I guess its back to the Drs if this carries on :-\

Lillith.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 07:24:21 AM by lillith112 »

lillith112

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:12:57 PM »

Well I've still got spotting, I figure it's my period desperately trying to come. Think I might stop the utrogestan tonight and try to re-synchronize the HRT with my cycle, is this a good idea ?.

Lillith.