Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Best time to take ultrogestan  (Read 724 times)

Pauline b

Best time to take ultrogestan
« on: January 22, 2021, 06:44:19 AM »

I have been taking my ultrogestan quite late after 10pm at night to ensure I have an empty stomach. I have avoided taking it earlier as the information says it can make you drowsy but I feel groggy in the morning and often have stomach ache. What time is the best time to take it a friend of mine has always taken hers first thing in the morning?

Hurdity

Re: Best time to take ultrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 09:06:06 AM »

The best time is what suits you! The instructions for oral use as you say are to take at bedtime on an empty stomach. The reason for this is that taking with food increase absorption so the idea is to keep the systemic levels as stable as possible I think. Unfortunately progesterone is a sedative and because it is broken down quickly in the body it has to be taken on large doses to ensure that sufficient reaches the endometrium where it is needed to protect the lining.

Another alternative is vaginal use which might be possible if you are taking it cyclically? However I have only ever used it vaginally and always feel sedated when on my course of utro. This is the downside of using bio-identical progesterone. I wouldn;t have it any other way though!

Hurdity x