Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anyone feeling good, with or without hrt?  (Read 901 times)

Jaylow

Anyone feeling good, with or without hrt?
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:22:19 PM »

I know we’re all different and what may work for one might not for another, but I’m just curious as to who has found their sweet spot and what that might be.
I haven’t found mine but I can list my experiences so far -

No hrt - extreme dry eyes / mouth / skin. Hot flashes

Femseven sequi - patches wouldn’t stay on. Felt ok for first 3 days of a patch but then not so good. Didn’t feel too bad on the progesterone patch.

Estrogel and utro (vaginally) - I like that the dose of gel can be tweaked easily. Hate the utro, dries me out, eyes, mouth, skin. I like that I’m not having the utro going through my digestive system but dislike the chalky residue it leaves vaginally and can add to the dryness.

Tostran - lost hair the first time. Tried again and no hair loss but got bad skin, bumpy, not quite acne. Libido / sensation no noticeable change.

I need a change and I’m not sure which way to go.

jaypo

Re: Anyone feeling good, with or without hrt?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 10:17:19 AM »

Jaylow it's jaypo  ;D
I've never been on hrt,can't say it's been easy some of the way,the physical I can deal with(just about) it's been the anxiety and depression that's been the toughest,thankfully I think I'm through the worst,still get the flushes and the occasional HA but all in all,I'm glad I didn't go the hrt route although I fully understand why some women do

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 11:28:41 AM »

I’ve been on HRT now for 20 months trying all different regimes and products! I’ve never found the right balance unfortunately but I know a lot of woman have. I am now seriously thinking of stopping and seing if I can ride it out Big decision which I’m still mulling over as my main concern is going back to the beginning when it was at its worse?

Evie606

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »

I’m the same as Flan747, been on HRT 2 years in March and tried nearly everything except the ones that are oral oestrogen which I can’t take due to thyroid issues.
I’m away to start Provera 2.5mg on a continuous basis with Evorel 50 and if that doesn’t work I’ve only got Femseven Conti left to try.
I will come off HRT if neither of these work, like most people it is the progesterone causing me issues.
However my life was seriously impaired before HRT and I do worry how bad I would be off it now.  :-\

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 12:59:32 PM »

Exactly Evie! I was off work in the earlier stages before HRT so from that perspective things have improved But still feel rubbish with most symptoms back at some point in the day! In my head I think go for it to see what happens but then the fear of all the symptoms coming back at once frightens the life out of me! I have changed my diet and take lots of supplements so maybe my body is a bit more prepared for it ! That’s my hope anyway ?

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 03:42:56 PM »

Hi Flan747,
I think there's a heck of a lot of us who are still trying to get the balance right and still feeling rubbish! I am still waiting for the miracle!! I've been on it for over a year, started at age 63 as the hot flushes would not go away after suffering for 10 years with them.
Also have bad VA which I think has been made worse by scar tissue from a big episiotomy 37 years ago, which isn't helping now that everything is dried up!!
I'm currently on Estradot 50mg patch, Utrogestan 100mg orally daily and one pump Tostran gel  - but waiting to try FemSeven conti whenever my chemist can get some...

Flan747

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 04:08:34 PM »

Hi Julia Dizzy
It’s awful isn’t it! I know we only here bad stories on here as that’s when we reach out But you do hear of so many good stories especially celebrities finding the right balance almost immediately :)
Going to have a good think, if I didn’t think my anxiety would return I would definitely go for it!
Hope you find the right one for you soon 

Evie606

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »

Exactly Evie! I was off work in the earlier stages before HRT so from that perspective things have improved But still feel rubbish with most symptoms back at some point in the day! In my head I think go for it to see what happens but then the fear of all the symptoms coming back at once frightens the life out of me! I have changed my diet and take lots of supplements so maybe my body is a bit more prepared for it ! That’s my hope anyway ?

I totally empathise Flan, it’s a scary thought isn’t it? At least 3 times over the last year I’ve thought about stopping.
So sorry to hear you were off work with it all before HRT.  I wish doctors understood just how much some women’s lives are impacted with relatively little choice of HRT to choose from.
Good luck and definitely keep me posted if you do decide to take the plunge.  :)