Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please help worried sick!  (Read 2518 times)

pricey

Re: Please help worried sick!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 09:36:23 AM »

Hello, Gnatty. I'm 56, still peri. I tried various HRT over 4 years. The only one that overrode my cycle was Elleste Duet, but the headaches were debilitating. I felt better on others but would get the withdrawal bleed plus cycle. When I had an extended bleed in July-August I decided to try coming off HRT. The bleeding them went crazy, hence the scan and suspected polyp found. The GP didn't want to resume HRT until after I'd been seen by gynae but it's been a 14 week wait. As it is the appointment just seems to be for hysteroscopy, no consultation etc.
I've had 3 cyclical bleeds since stopping the two weeks of norethisterone to deal.with the prolonged heavy bleeding in September-October. I also seem to have a very light bleed on a cyclical basis 2 weeks before that- although this could be the polyp..My flushes are manageable, my bleeding is heavy at times but not as bad as it was by any means, but my breasts the past week during my period have been incredibly sore. I have no idea what any of this means but I still seem to be very much peri and I'm a bit dismayed to have just had the HRT rug pulled from under me while I wait. I work full time in a senior role and it's a stressful job.

Thanks for listening.

X

Gnatty

Re: Please help worried sick!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »

I am so sorry Pricey I only just saw this message. I do hope once hysteroscopy is sorted you will be able to find a HRT which suits you. It seems that during peri our bleeds can be all over the place! I am on a conti regime but periods are not suppressed. #to be honest, I care far less about that, I m just so glad not to be in a continual state of anxiety x
Pages: 1 [2]