Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feeling YUK  (Read 4352 times)

Uptick

Re: Feeling YUK
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 01:57:25 PM »

Thanks for the update. Antihistamines can ease allergies caused by food and apparently some people are very sensitive to histamine (intolerance) and there's a hormonal connection (oestrogen).

holidaylover

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 06:16:15 PM »

Hormones have a hell of a lot to answer for!!

Uptick

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 06:18:41 PM »

'Hell' is the perfect word to describe them.

holidaylover

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 11:22:24 AM »

and just when I thought I was better a bit yesterday........   today back to feeling horrid!  Boobs sore again, just look swollen and heavy, underarms stingy.  Last night I was really itchy, all over, very strange, and the skin on my neck had a slight raised rash (not red) just bumpy.  I woke in the night and my cheeks were stinging too.  Daughter went down to the chemist to pick up my prescription but it wasn't there!  Will ring the surgery to chase it up.  Feeling fed up. :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »

I bet your are fed up!

I itched a lot yesterday  :-\ in places that I don't usually notice.  Have taken anything with feathers out of our bed room.

Uptick

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 01:07:36 PM »

and just when I thought I was better a bit yesterday........   today back to feeling horrid!  Boobs sore again, just look swollen and heavy, underarms stingy.  Last night I was really itchy, all over, very strange, and the skin on my neck had a slight raised rash (not red) just bumpy.  I woke in the night and my cheeks were stinging too.  Daughter went down to the chemist to pick up my prescription but it wasn't there!  Will ring the surgery to chase it up.  Feeling fed up. :(

Sorry to hear that, welcome to the apocalypse rollercoaster. Could neck rash and stinging cheeks be an allergic reaction to masks? Sore boobs and armpits sounds like inflammation or high oestrogen. Have you ever tried drinking kefir every day? It has solved a lot of my apparently unrelated ailments. Sorry, I'm a microbiologist and I always think bugs are at the root of most problems, and solutions. Hope you feel better soon.

holidaylover

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 03:02:44 PM »

Uptick, No I've never used kefir.  What are the benefits? (please excuse my ignorance).  Rash nothing to do with facemasks, I've never worn one apart from when at the hairdressers for 10mins once a month.  I'm not anti mask, but suffer with anxiety and hyperventilation syndrome, so masks cause too much of a panic for me unfortunately.  I only go out for a walk once a day and that's it.  Eventually my prescription is here, daughter had to 'dangerously' enter the Doctor's surgery to enquire and it had been mislaid!  Just taken my first cetirizine so will see if the itching eases and my boobs 'go down'.  Do tell about the benefits of kefir please.

Uptick

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 03:21:16 PM »

Hi holidaylover, sorry I've been busy trying to figure out what's wrong with my tongue, I have a red patch for months now.

Kefir is a mixture of microorganisms that are symbionts (they help each other live by providing complementary nutrients) forming macroscopic 'grains' and used to ferment drinks, traditionally milk, but it can be grown in water and sugar as well, and it's a potent probiotic. It used to be shared by people cultivating the grains, but now they're available in some shops. There's lots of information online.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-make-kefir

holidaylover

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 03:25:15 PM »

Thanks Uptick, I'll give it a read.  Sounds interesting. 

holidaylover

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 03:17:26 PM »

I'm back to square one! Boobs are so stingy and sore today, underarms too.  They feel hot and I have a strange couple of, what I would describe as, tender spots under where the band of my bra goes at the back under my should blades (almost where the bra strap meets the band).  Itchy at times too.  Really sore in bed last night.  Skin feels like its on fire. My neck feels stiff today today and burning. The antihistimines I got from the doctor last week gave me terrible diarreah.  I feel stiff all over with fingers especially tight.  Any ideas? 

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 03:22:30 PM »

A drop of oestrogen? It can make muscles lax = aches and pains.

Is there a history of rheumatoid arthritis in your family?

holidaylover

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »

No CLKD.  I know I have arthiritis in my knees, but fingers lately have been so sore, a couple seem to 'stick' when stretching them.  Hips, back, neck, all ache.  I think I need some sun!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 03:42:39 PM »

Do U take VitD capsules regularly ? a bit of WD 40 ;-)

holidaylover

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »

Yip, I do, might have to think of something else for the joints though!  The boobs, well that's a mystery!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

No proof but my SinL swore by Fish oil capsules.

Sore breasts is likely to be hormones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3