Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Question re post menopausal bleeding  (Read 1246 times)

pebbles

Question re post menopausal bleeding
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:39:57 PM »

Hi, I am 58 and have not had a period for about 4 years. I have been on everol patches for the last 3 years.
I have recently had some pain down below with itching. GP examined me and said that it looked normal but that i had a dry patch on one side. She prescribed ovestin cream about a month ago. It has not made much difference and area is still sore and itchy.

However for the past week i have had what looks like a light period. I have to use a sanitary pad, it is quite heavy and dark brown in colour.

My question is : has anyone else experienced this ? should i go to DR right away or wait to see if it clears up - i am actually reluctant to see my gp as i have been there a lot recently.
 I also have constant reflux and i am waiting on an endoscopy and i have unintentional weight loss of  over a stone in past six months.  My GP was a bit short with me and said that i was low priority for endoscopy because i am low risk i.e i am not over weight, do not smoke or drink alcohol.

However I am worried about the bleeding  but also worried about wasting my Dr's time.
what do you think ?

Dierdre

Re: Question re post menopausal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:50:29 PM »

I think you should make an appointment, any post menopausal bleeding should be routinely investigated. Can you see another doctor if your usual one is not supportive.

pebbles

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 09:01:13 PM »

Thanks Dierdre, it is an online system and pot luck what GP replies.
Just feel so bad as i have been there a lot recently and with all the covid stuff going on i feel like i am wasting their time.
i wish that i could afford to go private then i might not feel so bad.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »

You should see your gp. You're not wasting their time, as above, post menopausal bleeding should always be investigated. There is a reason for it.

pebbles

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 09:09:18 PM »

ok thank you  :)