Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Inrarosa side effects anyone ?  (Read 2083 times)

Lunalowe

Inrarosa side effects anyone ?
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:23:46 PM »

Hi all..

after using oestriol cream for VA I thought I would give intrarosa pessaries a go... I have to say only 1-2 weeks in and they seem to be making a difference both lubrication wise and libido wise.. the holy grail  ;D  and seems more effective than the oestriol cream that also seemed to give me thrush...

However - I have noticed that at the same time I have started to feel a bit nauseous and have no other symptoms of being ill so did wonder if it may be to do with the DHEA. I am ridiculously sensitive to hormones and have systemic effects even when you're not supposed to get them so this would be possible for me.

Would be so nice to be able to continue with these as in all other respects so far so good !! 

Postmeno3

Re: Inrarosa side effects anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 10:54:46 PM »

Hi.
I'll be really interested to follow this thread as I, too, seem very sensitive to hormones and a recent attempt with Estriol 0.01 (weakest form) has triggered bladder sensitivity and systemic issues which, as you say, aren't supposed to be typical. I do note, in researching, there are still implied implications for breast risks?
As more info comes forth here, I think I shall be beating down my gp's door! I did read on another thread that prescribing is uncertain due to licensing issues and yet it is listed in the NICE guidelines and another responder said that there is a caveat in relation to individual gp willingness to go there....... :)

Lunalowe

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 03:38:38 PM »

As an update - 3 months in and I am a compete convert. Any initial nausea passed quickly (though still not sure if this was the cause) and it has done wonders for both my vaginal atrophy AND to boot improved my libido. After using Estriol for a couple of years I would say that I have had far less side effects from the intrarosa AND it works better. Estriol cream gave me thrush (probably from the filler) and swollen boobs from the oestrogen and did zilch for my libido. I can confidently say ths has made a massive difference to me . Phew ! Happy days for once !  Took me a while to get hold of but GP is now prescribing for me.....

Lunalowe

Intrarosa pessaries for VA - 3 month update
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »

I wanted anyone considering taking intrarosa to see this update which I have posted on another thread.

Complete and utter game changer.  :)

As an update - 3 months in and I am a compete convert. Any initial nausea passed quickly (though still not sure if this was the cause) and it has done wonders for both my vaginal atrophy AND to boot improved my libido. Significantly. So that I now have one again !!  After using Estriol for a couple of years I would say that I have had far less side effects from the intrarosa AND it works better. Estriol cream gave me thrush (probably from the filler) and swollen boobs from the oestrogen and did zilch for my libido. I can confidently say ths has made a massive difference to me . Phew ! Happy days for once !  Took me a while to get hold of but GP is now prescribing for me.

Go girls !

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 05:25:54 PM »

Splendid! Thanks for the update, its always nice to read a "good news" story.
JP x

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »

Brilliant! Thanks! Long may it last for you!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 06:54:03 PM »

Awesome.  You ladies in the UK have so many more options than we in Canada.  Our FDA is ultra conservative and even estroil is not approved but I believe a DHEA sub is available.  I'm so thrilled to hear a good news story. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 08:15:50 PM »

I do believe there are greater restrictions in some parts of Scotland, or at the discretion of creative practitioners. What are the arguments against it in Canada?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »

Who knows postmeno.  I think we follow the US in a number of protocols (except cannabis 😁) which probably has more to do with the almighty dollar than the health of women. 

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »

So Intrarosa is manufactured in Canada.  Turns out it has just been approved but has been available in US since 2018.  So the drug was designed in Canada, manufactured in Canada and STILL not on my GP's list of sage vaginal treatment🥴

Pookie1959

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 12:30:23 AM »

Whatsupwiththis. I am also from Canada and back in 2018 I tried a compounded DHEA ovule daily, it seemed to help however it was so expensive as not covered by any insurance so I went back to vagifem!  Now in 2021 I have got the burning etc back and bladder issues are much worse.....thinking of trying it again.  I am in Ontario so will see if there is Intrarosa here yet!?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 11:03:23 PM »

Awesome Pookie.  I'm next door.  Please keep me posted.  I think I might like to give it a go but worried that I'll end up at square one.