Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Please help struggling  (Read 1831 times)

Rhinoslass

Please help struggling
« on: January 09, 2021, 12:02:42 PM »

Hi ladies I do hope some one can help me. Suffering with vaginal dryness in nov doctor gave estridol pessaries which helped . Then put on hrt kilovance only been on them 24 days. Then diagnosed with atropic vaginitis.  The burning came back doc said do another reload I could only manage for 6 days and went to hospital. They have took me off hrt and told me not to use pessaries. Gave me some cetraben for the dryness but even struggling with this. I have not had a period in nearly 8 yrs had marina coil in now been removed. Have a gyno app in Feb but I can't cope feel like throwing the towel in. Any advice what you lovely ladies should thing I should be put on or try. Not sure if its hypersensitive to it all xx

robotwars

Re: Please help struggling
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:21:31 PM »

I know exactly how your feeling, similiar story.... at the moment they have stopped my HRT and im now using Dermovate cream, Honey and Bee just to keep it moisturised and using Vagifem, the dermovate cream really helps...... Good Luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »

Have you read the VA threads on the Forum?

Why were you told not to use the pessaries?  They are specifically to relieve vaginal atrophy and can take 3-4 weeks to really ease symptoms so stopping and starting won't improve the condition.

Ask 4 a referral to a menopause clinic, not a gynaecologist as they don't know much about VA.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 01:22:22 PM »

Ask for Ovestin or Estriol Cream instead of Vagifem, you may get on better with these. Once you have got used to one of those you could add in Balance Activ Moisture pessaries (not the BV ones, but the blue box) which may help as they contain hyaluronic acid which improves condition of the skin.

You should be using some form of local oestrogen to prevent things getting worse. Sometimes we have to push through, and it can take a while to see improvement.

JP x

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »

Where do you get Honey and Bee? Thanks.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 06:22:25 PM »

Where do you get Honey and Bee? Thanks.
It's called Olive & Bee. I think Stressnomore do it.

JP x

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 10:56:36 PM »

Oh, thanks, Joan! Neither wonder I couldn't find it!!!!!  ;D

Lyncola

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »

I’ll live in Australia and order directly from Olive and Bee website. Postage might be a bit dear it’s $10 delivery for me and I just live in another state. I use it at night and Yes VM two times a day. Plus Vagifem and Ovestin.
Good luck