Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Another bleeding on continuous hrt  (Read 675 times)

Smidge

• First Flush
Another bleeding on continuous hrt
« on: August 22, 2022, 12:42:35 PM »

Apologies! Another bleeding on continuous hrt post. I have ptsd resulting from a uterine rupture 14 yrs ago during c section for my 5th child. Luckily he survived. Had right nephrostomy and ureteral reimplantation surgery. Was left with intermittent right groin ache ever since but all bits working normally.
My periods became awful afterwards and irregular from 2012. Had mirena fitted 2013 which stopped bleeding completely. Forward to 2018 aged 49 started with peri symptoms and mirena ran out light periods returned monthly.
2019 and 2020 had 2-3 light periods a year. Peri symptoms worsening.
Started Evorel conti 50 Jul 21. Non functioning mirena removed Sept 21 and smear test negative.
Peri symptoms insomnia, aches, palpitations  continue with what seem like hormone surges every few months. Feel sure that's my own hormones still.
GP added in oestrogel 1/2 pump to Evorel conti but no increase to progesterone. Had 2 wk heavy bleed March this year. Changed to Oestrogel 2 pumps and 100 Utrogestan orally. No oestrogel available so changed to Evorel 50 patch with Utrogestan but added in 1 pump oestrogel as had bit left and thought would be covered by utro. Started heavy  bleeding beginning Jul 12 days. Told to stop hrt. Tried cold turkey but was feeling side effects so went back on Evorel conti 50 as fed up of stress of supply issues.
Had scan last week. Womb in difficult to see upright position but said no nasties seen but womb lining smooth but 9mm. Says womb large but acknowledged I had 5 births. Been referred on within 2wk to gynaecology but can't get seen until 6th Sept.
Now bleeding again and worried sick. Every time in run up to bleed I have same symptoms of spots and aches so think it's my own cycle not working with conti. A 9mm lining last week would be normal prior to a period bleed and lots of hrt changes in last year.
My head is on overdrive though and ptsd is awful debilitating. Can't stop flashbacks from 14 yrs ago. Have managed to get private gynaecology appt for Thurs this week.
Just reaching out please as know so many of you have gone through this. GP keeps calling it post meno bleeding but I don't think I'm post meno as had bleed 6 months before starting hrt and know my own body and hormone surges. I know GP is just doing her job properly but it's causing such stress. Sorry for long post 😞

Cazikins

Re: Another bleeding on continuous hrt
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 03:48:13 PM »

Hi Smidge,
Sorry you are having all this to cope with & understand the worry it is causing you.
I'm 65 & have 3 lots of post menopausal bleeding in the last 18 months. My lining was 10mm last time & a polyp was removed.
Try & clear your head & think of the things you need to ask the private gynae on Thursday, don't think of what if's etc & take 1 day at a time.
So sorry I can't give you much help but you've come to the right place for friendship & understanding & if we can help you we do.Have a good read through the menopause section of the forum.
Let us know how you get on.
Cazikins x  :cat48: :cat48:

Smidge

• First Flush
Re: Another bleeding on continuous hrt
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »

Will do Cazikins. One day at a time, yes and will write a list.
Thank you x