Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Womb Lining  (Read 1046 times)

Minusminnie

Womb Lining
« on: August 22, 2022, 06:57:49 AM »

I am only using localised HRT. 
Could i just ask please if on full HRT and for some reason you have not used progesterone for some time and your womb lining has thickened is there a medical procedure that would be done in order to get you back to square one ? eg ablation ?

Dierdre

Re: Womb Lining
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 08:49:25 AM »

You don't need progesterone when using local hrt as the dosage is so low the lining stays thin.
If your using full HRT you should be using a progesterone to keep the lining thin, if you've not been your doctor should prescibe one and this should then cause a regular bleed and then keep it thin.
Have you had a scan to measure the lining? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 08:53:27 AM »

Morning.

R U still having periods?

How often do you use the vaginal atrophy treatment?

How do you feel generally?

joziel

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:50 AM »

Minusminnie, maybe you can tell us what products/meds you are taking so we are all talking about the same thing here...?

Minusminnie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 09:44:27 AM »

I'm okay with what i am doing thanks for some time now on localised HRT ...  ovestin etc, had tranvaginal scans etc.

I was really just asking the question in general not for myself.  That if you are on full HRT and you didn't use progesterone for some reason and your lining builds up would you be offered a medical procedure to thin the lining if you couldn't tolerate the progesterone ?

If i'm talking nonsense ladies please pass me by  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 09:49:30 AM »

If one has a womb 1 requires progesterone in order to keep the lining thin.  Regular scans would be offered if a woman has a long regime, i.e. less progesterone with regular oestrogen replacement. 

One wouldn't usually be prescribed HRT without a form of progesterone regime if 1 has a womb. 

A D&C would be offered if one has heavy, painful periods regardless of any form of HRT.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 10:47:24 AM »

I am only using localised HRT. 
Could i just ask please if on full HRT and for some reason you have not used progesterone for some time and your womb lining has thickened is there a medical procedure that would be done in order to get you back to square one ? eg ablation ?

There is nothing wrong with asking this just out of interest. I think the woman would be offered progesterone in an attempt to thin their lining. If this did not work then perhaps they would then try a procedure.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 10:55:35 AM »

Depending on how long you had been without progesterone you would have to have a transvaginal scan and ultrasound first to rule out any irregularities. If this shows anything suspicious then hysteroscopy for biopsies would be done then if all is clear a course of progesterone is given to thin the lining. This is what happened to a work colleague anyway as she stopped the progesterone as it made her feel ill but then worried as to whether her lining was affected. She uses her progesterone now.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 12:43:13 PM »

Tnx Taz.  Did she return to the progesterone that was originally prescribed or a different regime?

Minusminnie

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 01:43:19 PM »

Thanks for all replies.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 01:46:37 PM »

Tnx Taz.  Did she return to the progesterone that was originally prescribed or a different regime?

I'm not sure whether she changed or just put up with the side effects of the original one.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 02:40:06 PM »

:thankyou: Taz