Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is anxiety worse during peri or after menopause?  (Read 1809 times)

Mary1962

Is anxiety worse during peri or after menopause?
« on: December 28, 2020, 08:36:44 PM »

Long haul of symptoms and problems since 2012 and well out the other side now but I wasn't expecting to have long lasting increased anxiety once things had improved/ended...or does it never stop?! Can menopause strip you of so much that you are left as a shadow of your former self mentally?  Mainly in the anxiety/confidence/physical strength area and just not feeling like I can cope with things I once took in my stride easily.  And it doesn't seem to improve. Do others have any natural remedy suggestions for any good mood balancers that aid anxiety even if just a little bit? Ageing plays its part (58 but relatively active and slim) but I believe it's mainly menopause that has impacted in more ways than I would like!

marge

Re: Is anxiety worse during peri or after menopause?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »

Hi Mary, I found anxiety to be the worst symptom of the menopause, but it didn't really start until I was past meno.  I'm 63 now.  Many of my friends say the same, particularly with health anxiety and worrying about our kids.  Sorry you're suffering, no answers, but you're not alone.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »

Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms. It's so debilitating. Sorry, I know of no natural remedies. Hrt has sorted mine out. Now late peri and every time I reduce the dose the anxiety returns. If you go the hrt route testosterone should help with the strength problem.

MummyClanger

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 10:02:43 AM »

Hi yes I had anxiety and panic attacks  come out of the blue during meno/peri. HRT patches helped and testosterone gel. However still get anxiety now and again and try breathing exercises and use a meditation app every day. It feels like you’re a totally different person, I totally sympathise x