Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post menopause bleed investigations  (Read 1442 times)

Khm

Post menopause bleed investigations
« on: December 23, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »

Finally had gynae appointment following a bleed.  Scan showed up thickening of womb and she removed a polyp.  Biopsy results won’t come back till next week so I’m worried now, not sure what to expect but she also mentioned a hysteroscopy. Anyone else in this position?

Dierdre

Re: Post menopause bleed investigations
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 09:22:39 AM »

Dont worry, this is usually routine after a post meno bleed. Ive had one before after a bleed 15 months after i thought i finished. 

Khm

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 06:42:26 PM »

Thank you, she just seemed really serious about the thickening which made me panic ...

Sage 🍃

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »

Hi Khm, how did she remove the polyp? I thought this was done during hysteroscopy? Why would you need a hysteroscopy if you have already had the polyp removed?

Khm

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 06:59:02 PM »

Polyp wasn’t in the womb she just snipped it off, thickening is inside the womb which is why she mentioned hysteroscopy

Sage 🍃

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 07:04:25 PM »

Ah, okay, it was probably a cervical polyp, but it's womb nevertheless  ;D Hysteroscopy is the routine procedure for PM bleed, as Dierdre said. Are you on HRT?

Khm

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »

So 3 weeks since I had scan and tests now, phoned last week, consultant had received results and would call later that week. No call so I phoned in Wed , consultant is on holiday 🤷🏼‍♀️.  I received appointment for hysteroscopy today for a month away is that normal as I’m worried.?

Cazikins

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 11:11:31 AM »

Hi Khm,
Try not to worry, my thoughts are that if it was urgent or an emergency then they would get you in sooner. It's the bloody waiting that's the worst bit & not having control over it.
I'm in a similar situation & I'm having a hysteroscopy done on 2nd Feb - it is the waiting that is the hardest part.
Keep us updated & try not to worry.
Love Cazi xx :cat48: :cat48:

Sage 🍃

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:24 PM »

Yes sweetie, hysteroscopy is the normal procedure for any postmenopause bleeding, don't worry and good luck    :-*

Khm

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:27 PM »

Thank you and as you say it’s the waiting that’s the worst fingers crossed for you too 🤞🏻🤞🏻

skkb

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »

Hi Khm,  I was similar to you, post meno bleed, sent for a hysteroscopy last Thursday....it was ok, lining 3.1 which she was happy with. Took a biopsy. Also found a small polyp which she wasn’t at all concerned about but said I’d get a further appointment for it to be removed. That appointment has come through already and is on the 19th March. Results of the biopsy awaited....as we know the waiting is the worst bit often....

Khm

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »

Hysteroscopy today...OUCH... everything looked ok and results from polyp removal and biopsy before Christmas good.  Took another biopsy today just to be sure 😀

Cazikins

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 04:19:17 PM »

Hi Khm,
Have you had the results from the 2nd biopsy? hope it went well - I had mine last week too. I hate the waiting etc.
Cazi x

Sage 🍃

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2021, 04:28:22 PM »

Fingers crossed for both of you!  :-*