Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380406 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #1305 on: June 28, 2022, 10:02:10 PM »

;D

CLKD

« Reply #1306 on: July 05, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »

:'(. DH gave me a £20 note as I didn't have my purse, I needed to buy an engagement card.  Turns out to be a very expensive card, when I went to my back jeans pocket .... somehow it had dropped out  :o  :'(

Years++ ago I picked up a £20 note on an empty hillside, me,  :scottie: and Himself - what goes round I suppose?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1307 on: July 05, 2022, 02:08:26 PM »

:'(. DH gave me a £20 note as I didn't have my purse, I needed to buy an engagement card.  Turns out to be a very expensive card, when I went to my back jeans pocket .... somehow it had dropped out  :o  :'(

Years++ ago I picked up a £20 note on an empty hillside, me,  :scottie: and Himself - what goes round I suppose?

Oh no! That is such a shame.  :(

Ju Ju

« Reply #1308 on: July 05, 2022, 02:20:34 PM »

DH once went to a shop to try on some trousers, which fitted well, but when he went to pay, he couldn’t find his wallet. He informed the security staff in the shopping mall (USA), made a report to the local police and cancelled all his cards. A few days later, we went back to pay with my card. DH tried on the trousers he liked and put his hands in the pockets and yes, you’ve guessed it…..his wallet was there!  ;D Even after a few days! I think men should get over themselves and carry a bag! Pockets just don’t do the job. I refuse to carry stuff around in my handbag for DH! DH is regularly losing his wallet, keys, glasses……..! Usually around the house, but results in a panic to get out.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1309 on: July 05, 2022, 02:23:11 PM »

DH once went to a shop to try on some trousers, which fitted well, but when he went to pay, he couldn’t find his wallet. He informed the security staff in the shopping mall (USA), made a report to the local police and cancelled all his cards. A few days later, we went back to pay with my card. DH tried on the trousers he liked and put his hands in the pockets and yes, you’ve guessed it…..his wallet was there!  ;D Even after a few days! I think men should get over themselves and carry a bag! Pockets just don’t do the job. I refuse to carry stuff around in my handbag for DH! DH is regularly losing his wallet, keys, glasses……..! Usually around the house, but results in a panic to get out.

;D How lucky the trousers had not been sold! I remember when there was a trend for 'man bags'. I thought they were a great idea.  :)

sheila99

« Reply #1310 on: July 05, 2022, 03:16:22 PM »

Unless you're in the habit of leaving your trousers behind (jillydoll may be in trouble here  ;D) pockets are so much easier. I never use a bag, anything that doesn't fit in a pocket gets left at home. I always come back with my trousers, sadly the same can't be said a bag. And whoever thought humongous phones were a good idea? My 14 year old Nokia does what I require and fits in a pocket. The new slippery notes are a pita though, I have to wrap round a credit card to stop them slipping out.

CLKD

« Reply #1311 on: July 05, 2022, 08:21:13 PM »

Deep pocket mayB, the Barbour waxed jacket would have been OK but not in the Summer  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #1312 on: July 05, 2022, 09:25:43 PM »

Brilliant pockets but I hate waxed jackets. I sweat so much inside them I may as well have got rained on.

Ju Ju

« Reply #1313 on: July 06, 2022, 06:58:29 AM »

Yes, my new phone is bigger. Why? No chance of putting into my tight jeans pockets anymore! When  I go out for a walk in summer, I have to take a small bag, big enough for my phone, keys and inhaler. In winter, my coat pockets suffice. I only used one handbag when I need one. No coordinating with clothes. If I did that, I’d forget something like my wallet or key to the house. They would always be in the wrong bag!

CLKD

« Reply #1314 on: July 06, 2022, 08:14:49 AM »

I co-oridate knickers with T-shirts ;-) and although I have 5 bags, the 1 with most pockets is what I usually carry.  Note to Self  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #1315 on: July 06, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »

I bought a bag that is ergonomically designed. Still hurts my shoulders if I put much in it. Not carrying cash helps! I do use the little bag a lot, but have got into the habit of taking stuff out of it as I need my keys to get into the house, have to take my inhalers and my phone will ring! Forgot my bag the other day. Felt vulnerable without my phone! I coped for most of my life without one for goodness sake! In my defence, my car keeps flagging up the battery warning light, despite having a new one. It’s running perfectly ok, but will be checked at some point. DH says it’s a loose wire.  :-* It would be just my luck if the car broke down when I haven’t got my phone!

sheila99

« Reply #1316 on: July 06, 2022, 01:33:21 PM »

Bags are like houses, it doesn't matter how much space you have you will find 'stuff' to put in until it's full.

jaypo

« Reply #1317 on: July 06, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »

I just stuff everything down my huge cleavage  ;D
I can wish can't I?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1318 on: July 06, 2022, 07:02:56 PM »

I went into a shop a few years back, to try on shoes, left my handbag on the floor with some other bags that were left there which people hadn’t bothered to put back on the rack, shoes were no good so I left.
Carried on shopping with OH, then realised I’d left my handbag somewhere.  :o
Three shops I ran into and asked if anyone had found it, then remembered where I’d left it, made a bee line to that shop, and there it was, still on the floor with the others.  ;D My purse, cards and money still in it. 🥵
I didn’t hear the last of it for about a week. 😡  ;D
Thing is, I didn’t even like that handbag in the first place!   ;D

Good job I wasn’t trying trousers on!  ;D😱

Ju Ju

« Reply #1319 on: July 06, 2022, 08:41:29 PM »

>:(
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109