Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380423 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #765 on: April 16, 2017, 05:15:24 PM »

Oh poor you CLKD, but it did make me laugh: I bet many of us have done the same. Blame it on our annoying men who don't do as they are asked! Leave the pesky lid up!! If you're suffering from early stage dementia, then we all must be. We all of us do daft things but it's because our minds are elsewhere.

Mbrown, I'm with you on the loo visit in the night, that drives me bonkers. My hubby has suddenly developed the annoying habit of putting the loo lid down, weirdly he only does it at night, never in the day. I try to make it to the loo without opening my eyes to prevent me waking too much and without turning the lights on and have a number of times sat my bare bottom down on the wooden lid. It's such a shock when it happens. After about the fourth time I threatened that I will wreak revenge with the lavatory brush whilst he's sleeping if it happens again!! :o

babyjane

« Reply #766 on: April 16, 2017, 05:56:37 PM »

When I was young I desperately shut the lid really quickly as I flushed the loo because I had the strange fear that otherwise rats would swim up into the toilet bowl  :o  In our house it is me that shuts the lid and hubby that leaves it up. I hate seeing a gaping toilet bowl as I pass the bathroom (he doesn't shut the door  ::))

Oh and my stupid thing for today is pinching some of hubby's easter chocolate as chocolate disagrees with me, but it was calling to me very loudly  :-\
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:58:57 PM by babyjane »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #767 on: April 16, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »

I've eaten too much so feel bloated and uncomfy  :-\

I HATE to see house selling programmes where the loo seat/lid are open.  Sometimes in the next shot it's all been put down  :D

One could remove the lid maybe?  But not, as in some parts of mainland Europe, have no seat at all  :o

Witch hazel

« Reply #768 on: April 20, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »

Just came on to post about myself "doing silly things" and stumbled across this post so thought I would add my 2 pence worth ... went on errand from work today, came out of shop and couldn't find my car ... what a total looney I felt!  In my defence, we visited same shop at the weekend, when I wasn't driving, and parked on one side of the car park, so I went on auto pilot to the same spot, and had that acute panic moment when I couldn't see car anywhere ... its not worth nicking so knew it was my stupid meno brain.

Then when I got back to work, my boss asked me to order something online, gave me a discount code to use and I merrily put the order on, clicked pay and confirmed it all ... then had an equally sinking feeling that I had forgotten to use the damn code ... been on to the company since I got home and requested its cancelled so I can put through again with the code this time, so hopefully she will never know (she doesn't do menopause, having had a really early hysterectomy and "been there, done that and got the T-shirt" already!)   

I have also relocated through my job recently, and gone from a lovely quiet little "padded cell" of an office, to a larger Admin base where I share space, have lots of comings and going, numerous phones ringing at the same time and lots of different things going on.  I used to work in a huge open plan office in my 20's and 30's, could keep umpteen conversations going at once and juggled everything without distraction ... now if there is more than one plate to spin, its all too much ...  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #769 on: April 20, 2017, 10:19:30 PM »

Did you find the car  :-\ - we live in a small town and I've had panic moments as to where I had left mine, even though I always use the same car park.

babyjane

« Reply #770 on: April 21, 2017, 10:22:19 AM »

yesterday I did a very stupid thing.  I played Billy Goats Gruff on the rope bridge at the park with my small grandchildren.  I was the troll and crawled around under the bridge.  then as they crossed I climbed onto the bridge and they threw me off!!!  I'm 60 years old for goodness sake I can't move today!!!!!!!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

Put lovely hot water in the bathroom basin, pulled off a cloth from beside me and thought 'that's really thick and large this morning' - it was the hand towel not the flannel  >:(  ::)

ariadne

« Reply #772 on: May 15, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »

I love crosswords but have trouble with 8s, 3s, 6s and 5s.  I don't see clearly and often muddle these up and put the wrong answer in the wrong place then the rest of the crossword doesn't work.  I will have to start borrowing hubby's photographic magnifier I think. ::)

I once told my husband I struggled to tell the difference between a 6 and an 8 and he said "Thank goodness for small mercies"  ;D

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #773 on: May 15, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »

;D ..........

put honey on toast and found out it's not nice  :-\ - has an after-taste - wonder what the bees were feeding on ?

dolphin63

« Reply #774 on: May 16, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »

I call mine a Winnie the Pooh moment, the day I lose my sense of humour I'm really in trouble

CLKD

« Reply #775 on: July 01, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »

When leaning forwards cleaning my teeth I almost hit my nose on the fixed mixer tap  >:( - good job that 'woman' wasn't behind me, pushing!

dulciana

« Reply #776 on: July 01, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »

I've got a musical one.......recently, when I was playing the organ with an orchestra, there was a moment in one of the rehearsals that still makes me cringe when I think about it....  :o  Half way through the piece, there's a bit where the organ and the timpani are on their own, in a loud and punchy section that's played twice.  We played it the first time; all was well; I brought my hands down on the keys to play it the second time and - total silence from the organ.......while my hands were off the keys, I had accidentally touched and cancelled the piston that controlled the sounds I was using, thereby switching the whole lot off!!     I was just glad it wasn't the concert............. ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:04:18 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #777 on: July 01, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »

Whoops - were comments made  :-\

dulciana

« Reply #778 on: July 02, 2017, 08:49:19 AM »

No, CLKD.   We all had a laugh about it!   :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #779 on: July 02, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »

Dulciana, at least that's one thing I wouldn't do! I wouldn't know how to turn an organ on let alone turn it off! ::)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109