Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380372 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »

At least you didn't pour a whole bag of sugar into the bowl as I almost did last night  :o ........ I don't know what stopped me  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #751 on: April 10, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »

I almost created a fuss ....... in our local 'bank' last week.  2 weeks ago we went in and the music was blaring  :o and as I don't shop where there is Muzak I was going to ask them to turn it down when I went in.  However, apparently, there has been music in that Branch for 3 years  :-X

babyjane

« Reply #752 on: April 10, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »

well I am a lot more sensitive to stimulus now than I was 3 years ago so perhaps you are the same x

Milamam

« Reply #753 on: April 10, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »

Came back home today loaded with grocery bags. Entered the garden and stopped to pick some geranium to take inside . Aparantly have put down two of the four bags I was carrying in order to pick the flowers, then got up and went happily inside.

After unpacking realised that a lot of stuff that I bought is missing and thought I have forgotten the bags in the shop around the corner. Asked daughter to go fetch them. When she went outside she shouted : "Mumy, there two grocery bags here ...."

Face/palm ! Everyday I have to remind myself that I am just perimenopausal and not insane !

CLKD

« Reply #754 on: April 10, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »

All unloaded now?  :D

I can't understand how I hadn't heard the music previously .......... and Himself doesn't remember music either.

Mumalmighty

« Reply #755 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:22 AM »

I keep putting frozen food in the fridge :-\ last week I gave away a pound coin to some lucky person by leaving it in my shopping trolley I just put the trolley back in the bay and left it. Ir wasn't until I went to another shop I thought where's my pound then I knew I had done it. It's a small thing but I've never done it before the worst thing is i cudnt remember even putting the trolley back like i was on auto pilot 😩

CLKD

« Reply #756 on: April 11, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »

My brain feels fuddled more and more  :-\ - I think a lot of my problem is caused because I am not working where anything 'matters' ..... so I moozzy through the day deep in thought.  Not really needing to engage brain  :-\

Mumalmighty

« Reply #757 on: April 11, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »

Can totally relate to that. Up to my eyes in chores but like u say, deep in thought all the while I'm doing wat I'm doing. Never fully concentrating on anything but my symptoms sadly  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #758 on: April 16, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

:-[.  ran upstairs.  Trousers down. Bum down.  Let go ......... pants and jeans wet  :-\ as I hadn't lifted the lid ........ pants and jeans in the wash  :'(
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:20:03 PM by CLKD »

Lanzalover

« Reply #759 on: April 16, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »

Oh dear CLKD

That brought back a memory I must have been about seven and was playing out in the road with all the other children and I needed to go but was having such a good time I put it off as long as I could then rushed home and up the stairs only to do what you did that must why I always check when I go now I think it scared me for life.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #760 on: April 16, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »

I simply wasn't thinking and because pants hit the lid I didn't feel the cold on my skin  :'( ........ I think I'm beginning to get senile as I've done lots of stupid things recently.

Mbrown001

« Reply #761 on: April 16, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »

I think that has happened to most of us at one time or another CLKD. I know it has to me and much worse too.
Hubby and I bicker over the toilet seat. He leaves it up and I want it down. He doesn't understand why I get so agitated and I can't bring myself to tell him that when I get into the loo that any delay can be fatal for a bladder that hasn't as much control as once it had. And don't even mention closing the lid at night when I creep around and sit on a cold lid. Now I just put the light on and he can lump it.

I do try and keep my brain active by doing puzzles and "brain training " online. You can get some good free apps. I think it's like most things,if you don't use it you loose it and it definitely keeps the mind sharper. And it's fun.

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #762 on: April 16, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »

It's fun but there's no research that confirms doing puzzles etc. helps !  I do crosswords etc. every day.  Love 'em and have several in the bathroom by the loo ........ today however, I was busy clearing up.

babyjane

« Reply #763 on: April 16, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

I love crosswords but have trouble with 8s, 3s, 6s and 5s.  I don't see clearly and often muddle these up and put the wrong answer in the wrong place then the rest of the crossword doesn't work.  I will have to start borrowing hubby's photographic magnifier I think. ::)

CLKD

« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »

I often put the answers into the wrong boxes  ::) ........ I had a pen with a rubber which could help but I've lost that somewhere  :D
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 109