Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380291 times)

Trey

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »

Why oh why haven't I read this thread before (or for all I know, maybe I have).  I've gone back a few pages and then moved forward and just got through with tears flowing down my cheeks from laughter.  That and now I have to run to the loo because I'm about to lose control.

Gees, I thought I was getting Alzheimers - now I know that I might be ok, or that we are all getting it and we might chat forever without knowing we are demented.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:33:36 PM by Taylor »

viv

« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

Some of us are regular contributors to this one Taylor.......me included. The ones that I do seem to be pretty mad. No wonder my family think I have lost the plot. ::)

Honeyb
x

channel

« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2011, 07:33:11 PM »

now I know that I might be ok, or that we are all getting it and we might chat forever without knowing we are demented.
     :rofl:   I think you could be on to something there Taylor!

Nel x

Taz2

« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »

I spoke to my best mate on Saturday. She told me that the next day her and her husband were off to their home in Portugal for two weeks. I told her to have a lovely time. We spoke for two hours. On Sunday I dutifully parcelled up her birthday card and present for her birthday on Tuesday. I made sure I made a special visit to the post office on my way into work on Monday so that it wouldn't be late. On Tuesday I texted a "Happy Birthday" to her. She responded but didn't mention the present and the card. "Did you get my card and present?" I texted back. "No" she replied "but do you even have our Portugal address?" Doh! I sent it to Wales completely forgetting that she was in Portugal even though it was only a day after talking to her that I parcelled it all up!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »

Himself dropped our evening meal on the floor  :o . carefully carving the joint whole plate slipped off the work surface onto the floor, of course up-side down.  I swore quietly, he swore loudly but we ate it with veg.; if I don't turn up during the week you'll know why  ;D. All that table and work space and he still managed to balance the plate on the edge  >:(.

I need to wash the floor in the mroning 'cos it's slippery where the meat landed  ::) :-X

kerrieann

« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »

hi all just found this thread and how ive laughed we were in a large car park in blackpool not so ago and i went to get the parking ticket from the machine simple nooo i walked back to the car in fits of laughter as i had just payed for  a map of blackpool from the machine no parking ticket  other half just shakes his head  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »

:rofl:

I did the same as he did - dropped my lunch onto the floor by putting the plate too close to the edge of the work surface - now do I tell him when he gets back tonight ......  ???

CLKD

« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

I used to leave the car parked in the same place in our small town and couldn't remember where I'd put it  >:( I even phoned a friend to help me look for it  ::).  I forget names really easily these days.

alexia

« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »

oh ladies, you have had tears rolling down my face :rofl:
LEFT A LADY IN COMPLETE AND UTTER SHOCK!
I mistook a lady that I worked for a long time ago. She was the spitting image of my mothers neighbour. This neighbour was an angel as she helped us so much when my mum was dying. We gave her my mums little dog ,as she loved it so much.
Now then, I came out of the dentist and walked over to boots to buy some paracetamol. I saw this woman turn round from the counter. I flung my arms around her and gave her a kiss. I asked, are you alone? she answered well I have the car in the car park [strange answer i thought] anyway she waited for me to get served. I then said to her, have you been slimming?, you have lost some weight!. She answered, no !. I just havnt been eating the same since I lost my husband .Now with that answer, my brain is saying, lost your husband, thats the first ive heard about it. After standing there puzzled for a while, I TOUCHED HER SHOULDER AND SAID . I hope you dont mind me saying, but wheres he gone? [knowing that the neighbours husband was alive and well] she answered with annoyance in her voice, he died 4 years ago!Still the penny did not drop !! I went on to say oh! I see. Well hows your little dog? She snapped , I HAVNT GOT A DOG!!!!! still the penny failed to drop for what seemed like forever.
Then in a blinding flash , oh my god ,you idiot! By this time she was stood in total and utter shock, I could tell that ,even she wasnt quite sure who she was :-\ .I apologised profusely. What an embarrasing moment that was. I laughed all the way home especialy about the fact that i had gone on to say , hows your little dog. :rofl:
Now in my defence lol. This woman is the spitting image of the neighbour ,but a little taller. She was wearing an identical coat and has a very similar voice. I had been thinking about my mum as I walked across the road . Do I get away with it? or should I seek help? ;D

Jenny50

« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »

I was walking back from a local shop recently when I met up with, I thought, my friend's son with his baby in the pram and his dog on a lead.  I said a very friendly, "Hi" and asked after the baby, to be told he's sleeping a lot better these days. We had a brief chat and I went on my way, suddenly thinking my friend's son seemed much thinner than he'd ever been, the baby was quite small for his age, and the dog had changed breed.  A complete stranger!  You're the first people I've owned up to on this one.

Jenny X

CLKD

« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »

:o ...........

grumpy2008

« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »

Thankyou, I needed a laugh and this thread has plenty of them! If only I could remember my own latest anecdote to share... but my brain is total fuzz at the moment! LOL

melis

« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »

Oh Jenny... Alexia.....  ;D..

CLKD

« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:28 PM »

I found part of my dropped lunch this morning  :o - in a jug inside a low cupboard  ::) - dog now has a smile on his face  ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:49:10 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »

Since Himself retired I haven't touched the hoover thingy, went to use it just now and couldn't find the on/off button!  :o
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 109