Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380394 times)

coffee mate

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2011, 07:14:42 AM »

Oh I hate going food shopping these days, I seem to end up in a fluster at the till - trying to pack my bags and searching for my purse at the same time, and I can NEVER find the money off coupons I so CAREFULLY put in the back of my purse - then of course as soon as she closes the till - I find them!!

channel

« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »

I used to get exasperated at times at my MIL's forgetfulness and clumsy antics.   But now I'm at that stage myself and the shoe is on the other foot, or in my case one morning at work and pointed out to me by a colleague - a slipper on one and a shoe on the other  ::)   I'll bet MIL in looking down from heaven now and going  :na:   

Nel x

san

« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »

... or in my case one morning at work and pointed out to me by a colleague - a slipper on one and a shoe on the other  ::)   I'll bet MIL in looking down from heaven now and going  :na:   

Nel x
:rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

:lol:  so far I've had a better day ........ :-X

carmel

« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2011, 12:44:42 PM »

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I did think I was going mad.  I made cold coffee this morning (a first).  I walk miles extra because I go to get something, forget it and go back again.  I made chicken pie recently, had it in the oven, then saw the soup in the jug that should have been in it.  Put on a load of washing and completely forgot about it.

I really like the bit about leaving the husband behind - haven't managed that yet. 

I think my worst one was going to church.  I read the lesson.  I started to read, couldn't see the page properly and it was only when I went back to the seat that I realised that one of the lenses from my glasses was missing.  I really don't trust myself at the moment and looking at the list here I have a lot of new things to do yet.
Still, it makes life interesting.

ariadne

« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »

I started to read, couldn't see the page properly and it was only when I went back to the seat that I realised that one of the lenses from my glasses was missing.

That happeend to a lady at work. She didn't realise till half way through the day when she went to scratch her eye and was able to do it through her glasses!  ::)  She found the lens in her car where it must have dropped out of the frame that morning on the way to work.

ariadne xx

viv

« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »

I went to pick up my son yesterday. Daughter was in the front of the car and son opened back car door and put something in. I thought he had got in too so I drove off. I did not realise he had not got in the car  ::)

I was a good way along the road and wondering why he was not chatting to me....I then glanced at my daughter who was in silent fits of laughter......she did not tell me he was not in the car. :o  I then had to turn around and go back to pick up a very bemused son.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »

;D

pj44

« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »

I love reading these. I do far to many to mention in fact my family and now me call them my senior moments thats the polite word ;D

Bette

« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »

Love that one, Honeyb!  :clapping: :bighug:
Bette x

Blue

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

This thread is great ;D ;D ;D

I turned the volume of radio in my car up because I could not hear what my son was saying. ( radio was off of course)

I always forget words. Happened in the middle of a lesson,  I couldn't think what I was talking about, big diagram on whiteboard,  mind went blank. I'd been teaching on autopilot ;D ;D ;D gave kids Q to do and checked book to see if I had taught them correctly and if diagram was labeled correctly.
Thank goodness it was ;D ;D

I have to plan well in advance if going anywhere so that I can get the car packed with everything we MIGHT need.

melis

« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »

Oh dear HB ..mine is minor in comparison .. I have a little portable timer for when Im cooking..otherwise my foggy brain would just forget ..Im so easily distracted and wander onto so many other thoughts.. anyway coloured my hair yesterday morning and set my timer for my 15mins ..all fine pleased with hair.. later in day looked everywhere for my timer ..all the usual places then the fridge..microwave.. oven..eventually had to tackle the rubbish bin ..there it was in the empty box of hair colour...........................  :o

CLKD

« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »

;D    :o sorry  ::)

channel

« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »

Oh Mel that gave me a good chuckle  ;D

Nel x

CLKD