Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 379740 times)

Leesh

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #1020 on: May 05, 2020, 12:04:56 PM »

I'm so glad I was directed to this thread because I was getting seriously worried about my memory/cognitive function.

I'm 51 and have been peri for a few years with very few symptoms, but this year it has really hit hard with me doing the most ridiculous things.

Last week I steamed mandarin segments instead of carrots, a couple of days ago I left my window in my car open all night in a car park, and yesterday after lovingly preparing a sausage casserole in the slow cooker, I went back several hours later to check on it, only to find I hadn't even turned it on. So pizza for dinner it was.

I was really beginning to question my own sanity, but thanks to you lovely ladies I see I'm not alone!

jaypo

« Reply #1021 on: May 05, 2020, 01:00:08 PM »

Well,as you can see leesh from reading these posts,you?re not the only one, I even say out loud now,to myself.......you stupid woman :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1022 on: May 05, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »

...... and watch out for that woman in your house  :o

Barnaby

To prevent being labelled as aggressive
« Reply #1023 on: May 06, 2020, 03:01:20 AM »

My manager wants me to let my colleagues know that I am perimenopausal and that I can sometimes be agitated, low in mood and that I can come across as being aggressive but it's due to my perimenopausal.

I don't want to be labelled as someone who us going to just kick off but do need to let my colleagues know that some days I am not myself and not to take offence if I come across as being short/rude etc.

Any advice please would be much welcomed

CLKD

« Reply #1024 on: May 06, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »

I think that our medical health is between us and our GP/Consultant.  Your Manager is passing the buck.  Maybe suggest that the Company, during lockdown, forms an over all strategy for staff?  For all medical conditions?  This shouldn't be about 1 person, i.e. you. 

How well do you know your colleagues ?   

sheila99

« Reply #1025 on: May 06, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »

It's a difficult one and maybe depends on what your colleagues are like. On the one hand any medical condition is none of their business but you'd hope they'd be more tolerant if they knew. If you do tell them perhaps print out the Advice for Husbands and stick it up on the wall? There are still people who think it's a big joke and have no understanding of the reality.

CLKD

« Reply #1026 on: May 06, 2020, 12:04:04 PM »

I worked in various groups over the years.  The younger I was the less likely to share my feelings in case I was judged.  Later I was in an office with 4 others and we all knew what was going on .......... but a large company should have a strategy in place.  For example, it is illegal for a male manager to ask a female colleague why she is taking time off work.  This should be via HR or the Company Nurse to offer support.  Not in front of colleagues.

MayB ask what procedures are in place?

Barnaby

« Reply #1027 on: May 06, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »

Our team only consist of 14 people but am worried that I could be labelled as aggressive but there is also the potential for some colleagues to abuse the information and exgarate and incident. I don't see why I should have to say I have a problem staying calm at times.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1028 on: May 06, 2020, 07:00:42 PM »

I used a spray on self tan last night before bed.
Sprayed my arms, face, legs last.
Stood on the wooden floor in the bedroom and it was all slippery.
I slipped around the bedroom looking for wipes to wipe it up. 😆
TODAY, the soles of my feet are looking like brown leather! 🤣😂
It didn't dawn on me I was slipping around on self tan, and that my soles would tan as brown as any steak on a BBQ.  🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

CLKD

« Reply #1029 on: May 06, 2020, 08:04:58 PM »

;D .......  'photos?

Barnaby - you know your work team - could you take each one on side and discuss?  When 1 of us was 'off' my boss would shout PMT Girls - he was a psychologist  ;D - don't know that I would have tolerated that from any other boss though.

Barnaby

« Reply #1030 on: May 06, 2020, 10:13:20 PM »

I could do but there are some new starters who I don't know and I don't feel comfortable talking to them about such personal matters but am being pressurised by my manager

jaypo

« Reply #1031 on: May 07, 2020, 07:51:13 AM »

Haha clkd,she's not joking,Jill, I never laughed so much when I saw your feet,I just thought,yep,only SHE could do that  :D
I cleaned my kitchen window the other day,it's got a very large sill where plants sit,because I'm a short arse I've to stand on the work surface to clean it,took me ages,went to step down and knocked a pot plant and earth went everywhere  >:( >:( >:( I walked away and let my OH clean it up  ;D nearly blew my top

CLKD

« Reply #1032 on: May 07, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »

Whoops.  I sit on the our kitchen surface to feed birds from the window, step up from a chair - found myself stuck 'cos I got scared  :-\ ..... I didn't dare put my foot down for a while. 

jaypo

« Reply #1033 on: May 07, 2020, 10:45:45 AM »

Aaahahahaha that's me too clkd up on a chair then onto work surface,then getting down I'm ohhhhhh nooooooo  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #1034 on: May 07, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »

I could do but there are some new starters who I don't know and I don't feel comfortable talking to them about such personal matters but am being pressurised by my manager
The decision to tell your colleagues is yours alone. If you're not comfortable telling them then don't. It's personal information that your boss cannot make you share.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109