Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 729089 times)

Taz2

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »

So you are the mistress of your household thermostat!!

Taz  :)

honeybun

« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »

I don't live alone but I still control the heating. If they get cold then they can all put on a jumper  ;D
It's either that or I would strip off to my smalls and just the threat of that is enough for my kids  ;)

Honeyb
X

miramar

« Reply #662 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »

Hello all .....new today  ;)
I am not coping I had the flushes before then they went, thought great thats that all done with.
(Had a hysterectomy in 1992 but they left the ovaries.)
How wrong was I    there back with vengence day and night after a long while years infact.
It dont help that we are now in spain, there are not recommended with the summer temps here.
Went to our local chemist and told them that I use to be on premarin, got told that they dont have that here, no help at all so here I am, just joined you today so will try to read up in the forum.

Dandelion

« Reply #663 on: November 04, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »

Hello all .....new today  ;)
I am not coping I had the flushes before then they went, thought great thats that all done with.
(Had a hysterectomy in 1992 but they left the ovaries.)
How wrong was I    there back with vengence day and night after a long while years infact.
It dont help that we are now in spain, there are not recommended with the summer temps here.
Went to our local chemist and told them that I use to be on premarin, got told that they dont have that here, no help at all so here I am, just joined you today so will try to read up in the forum.
Sorry to hear you have had horrible flushes.
I'm a week into hrt and I think mine have gone, it's difficult to say, though, because it's turned cold here this last few days in the UK.
Sorry I cannot help you with doctors in Spain.
I am on hrt for peri menopausal women as I am still bleeding. Its a oestradiol pill and for 14 days, it has synthetic progesterone in it.
I am led to beleive that bio-identical progesterone is best though, but I am only new to this whole thing, so have a lot to learn.
The info on this site is really good though.

Taz2

« Reply #664 on: November 04, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »

Hi Miramar - welcome to the forum. As Dandelion says you will find lots of good info and support on here. We have a couple of members who live in Spain so they  may be able to help.

Perhaps you could introduce yourself under the New Members thread? Posts sometimes get lost and everyone will want to welcome you.

Dandelion - don't worry - hot flushes don't stop because the weather gets cooler, unfortunately, so it could be that your HRT is kicking in already.

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #665 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »

Hi Miramar - welcome to the forum. As Dandelion says you will find lots of good info and support on here. We have a couple of members who live in Spain so they  may be able to help.

Perhaps you could introduce yourself under the New Members thread? Posts sometimes get lost and everyone will want to welcome you.

Dandelion - don't worry - hot flushes don't stop because the weather gets cooler, unfortunately, so it could be that your HRT is kicking in already.

Taz x
Hi Taz

Thanks for the clarification.
I am still very anxious though, so I don't feel they have kicked in fully. I understand this can take upto 3months, but, I don't mind waiting because it will be worth it to get rid of this anxiety.

Taz2

« Reply #666 on: November 04, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »

I can't help re the anxiety as I didn't find any difference and it wasn't the reason I started HRT but I know others have said that it can be the last symptom to go so don't give up.

Taz x

Dandelion

« Reply #667 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

I can't help re the anxiety as I didn't find any difference and it wasn't the reason I started HRT but I know others have said that it can be the last symptom to go so don't give up.

Taz x
Thanks Taz.

PS sorry for hijacking thread.

manic

« Reply #668 on: November 06, 2013, 05:35:56 AM »

I don't live alone but I still control the heating. If they get cold then they can all put on a jumper  ;D
It's either that or I would strip off to my smalls and just the threat of that is enough for my kids  ;)

Honeyb
X

Ha Ha, I am a lecturer and last monday I was stood in front of 50 undergrads who were all wrapped up in their coats while i stood in a light dress with all the windows open!

Gypsy

« Reply #669 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »

After reading about Starflower oil on this thread, I bought some. I've been taking 2000mg of Evening Primrose and 1000mg of Starflower for a month now and I haven't had a flush or sweat for almost a week. Keeping fingers crossed!

Still flush and night sweat free. I'm now taking 2000mg of Starflower and 1000mg of EP. When my bottle of EP finishes I'm going to try 3000mg of Starflower only as I've heard it's more effective than EP and it will also save me having to keep two bottles of capsules on the go. I feel very cautiously encouraged.
Thank you Menopause Matters Forum!!  ;)

wlt27

« Reply #670 on: December 30, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »

Hi
Not on here very often but my flushes are getting uncontrollable.  I must have 20 to 30 per night and the same during the day.  I already take Starflower oil caps but am thinking of doubling the dose.  Dong Quai helped at first then they seemed to stop working.  I wont go on HRT for various reasons.  Looking   on another site, some people suggested Sage tablets upto 3500mg per day, has anyone tried them?
I,m getting desperate now.
xxx
Thanks

Dandelion

« Reply #671 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »

Hi
Not on here very often but my flushes are getting uncontrollable.  I must have 20 to 30 per night and the same during the day.  I already take Starflower oil caps but am thinking of doubling the dose.  Dong Quai helped at first then they seemed to stop working.  I wont go on HRT for various reasons.  Looking   on another site, some people suggested Sage tablets upto 3500mg per day, has anyone tried them?
I,m getting desperate now.
xxx
Thanks
Hello

No advice to give here, sorry, just popped in to say someone will be along and I hope you feel better in 2014.

Taz2

« Reply #672 on: December 30, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »

Can I ask why you don't consider HRT. In my experience this is the only thing that beats such intense flushes. I am off it at the moment and am finding it extremely difficult to function too.

Taz x

wlt27

« Reply #673 on: December 30, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

I wont go on HRT because I believe that it only puts off the inevitable and I would rather go through it  while I am 55 and not when I am 65 or 70 when I got off HRT.  My sister was on HRT for 10 years then doctor took her off it, she begged him to go back on it last year as her aches were bad again and now she has been diagnosed with leukemia, so I will not try it.
Although I am finding the flushes a pain I would rather find a natural remedy than HRT.  " years ago I suffered with terrible aches and pains in my joints but decided to try to lose weight which has helped enormously.
xxx

juliekim

« Reply #674 on: January 04, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

Hello wit27,

Re sage tablets, I took Menoforce sage tablets by A Vogel for the first year I was getting hot flushes and sleepless nights. They worked brilliantly for the first year (they took 3 weeks to start being effective), but then they stopped working completely!  I don't know if that was because my hormone levels dropped even more or my body got used it!  But its worth giving it a try - I would only recommend that brand as I know other brands don't seem to work.

Fingers crossed it works for you

Julie x
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 54