Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 746207 times)

Margarett

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #630 on: November 15, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »

Having re-read some of these posts, hot flushes are caused by hormonal changes, not sugar!

Bibby

« Reply #631 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

Margarett, did you read my link??  Its an interesting line of thinking and there is more on the internet on the subject.  I think its always good to keep an open mind on things and look into anything that could help especially if hot fushes are a real problem.  I have to say the flushes aren't my biggest problem, luckily.

Margarett

« Reply #632 on: November 16, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »

Yes, I've read the link, and I do see that if you are eating lots of refined sugar products, and getting excessive amounts of flushing, then it might help to cut down. But I don't think it would make that much difference otherwise. As for keeping an open mind, I totally agree. The link with spicy foods and flushes is well known, and also the link with alcohol. So nothing new there really.

Bibby

« Reply #633 on: November 16, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »

Forgive me, I hope the information on carby sugary foods is of interest to some, as this was a new one to me and that is why I posted the link.  Yes it contained information that I believe IS common knowledge, but if the information on carbs is of help to anyone, or causes people to look into this further and they find it helps them, I will be very happy.

Taz2

« Reply #634 on: November 16, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »

I wonder why we don't experience hot flushes for all of our life if foods are part of it?

Taz x

catweazle

« Reply #635 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »

Probably because foods are just 'part of it' - the other part is to do with oestrogen levels  ???

Catweazle x

Anne B

« Reply #636 on: November 16, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »

We are all unique but I personally think the major factor is having an adequate and stable hormone balance.

My friend has been on HRT for many years and drinks gin and eats spicy and sugar laden foods. She very rarely has flushes.

Me on the other hand just has to look at a glass of wine or a curry and I'm sweating but I know my Oestrogen level isn't optimal yet.

I'm sure each individual will work out what works and doesn't work for them as far as flushing triggers go.

Away to have a very unspicy alcohol free dinner!

Bibby

« Reply #637 on: November 16, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »

lol, i am about to have a curry. I like to live dangerously :)  besides, its a bit cold here and a hot flush would be welcome ;)

Buffy

« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »

I drank far too much red wine last night and had the most horrendous flushes all night. Back on the wagon for me for a while!  :(

Taz2

« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

I suppose that was a plus for me once I had them all the time - it made no difference what I ate or drank so I could enjoy myself again!

Taz x

Buffy

« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »

On the 15th November I posted that I was going to give up alcohol and caffeine in an attempt to reduce the effects of my hot flushes. It is now 11 days later and I have to report that they are significantly reduced in numbers and intensity. I now intend to keep to this regime but will give myself some time off for good behaviour over Christmas and the New Year!! If only I had tried this sooner. I know that I am probably quite lucky for this to work for me - and I am still considering the pros and cons of HRT just in case this is temporary, but for now... :)

catweazle

« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Buffy - good news indeed!
I know from personal experience that diet plays a big part in the way I feel, meno-wise.
As far as flushes are concerned chocolate is the enemy in my case, worst luck!  >:(

Catweazle x

lady57

« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »

I agree, i get less flushes if i have less sugar and caffeine and if i go totally without i can have a day or two with none at all. It can't be a co incidence can it?

weebee

« Reply #643 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »

I was taking clonodine for 6 months and they completely stopped my flushes. I got a bit warm at night but nothing that I couldnt deal with.
A few weeks ago, I got a repeat prescription and got this filled at a different chemist from normal so the supplier was different and the tablets were different. They were blue and sugar coated compared to my normal white ones. After about a week on the shiney blue tablets, all of my horrendous flushes and night sweats came back. It took me a wee while to make the connection.
I went back to my GP today and she gave me another prescription, so I now have my clonodine from my usual chemist. Here is hoping that in about a week, my flushes and night sweats will disappear.

Has anyone any idea why this could be ?

ducky ducky

« Reply #644 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »

Hi hope someone can help, started flushes 5 years ago last period was over 2 years ago, Really wanted to "do it naturally" but just can't cope anymore don t worry about the brain fog the forgetfulness, but I know I'm irritable, im so tired all the time flushes are really getting me down, they are all day and night, get up 3 /4 times a night sitting in garden trying to cool down, considering hrt but will this mean I have periods again, just don't know what to do, also had sore tongue for long long time now dr said it could be lack of vitamin B been taking vit B tablets but not helping, o dear sounds like I moaning but would be grateful for any advice, I'm 57 hope someone can help thanks
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55