Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 727084 times)

KathyC

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »

Hi ladies

I get hot flushes all day and if anythings upsets me - my face goes scarlet and stays like that for ages - I don't get any sweating at the moment but prior to a hot flush I feel like my brain is being squeezed - most uncomfortable and painful!

I know I've gone on about my mirena coil, oestrogen and testerone implants alot lately but does anyone know how long they take to kick in - all done on 15th March and still not noticing difference - if anything I feel worse!  :'(

Love Kathy x

:hotflash:

Libby Babe

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »

A funny thing has been happening to me over the last 2 days - just before I get a hot flush, my knees have been going really cold, like I am stood next to a fridge!  Strange or what? :-[
Libby
x

Rachau

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:14 AM »

I am having really bad flushes i feel like i am on fire and i sweat really bad.Night time i find if i have a bad night sweat i can not go back to sleep!
I also find i drag myslef around the house all day long.I can not get out of my own way! :'(
 :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

suemumof2teens

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2007, 01:52:11 PM »

Hi all

I have found my hot flushes r getting worse, been off HRT for 5 months now. But after reading some of your messages, I dont think their as bad as some of you's.  I am finding a few ways to cope with the Flushes when they come.
1.  I always try and drink water or fruit juice instead of tea or coffee.
2. I have been using wet wipes to cool down at night and when I get chance during the day.
3. Im going to try to eat small portions and often to see if this helps the Day flushes, it might help my bowels not getting to upset as well.
4. I find exercise some times helps.
5. If there is some paper or something to fan myself helps till it passes.
At work is the worse to cope with, im in a shop and if im on the till its hard to find some where to cool down, but I just talk to myself " it will be over in 2 mintues".  I am finding some weeks its worse than others.  And the hot weather does not help,I used to love the hot weather.

I find I'm getting tried after a Flushes as well.

But hope and Pray it only lastes a few years.  And its better than the HRT side effects.

God Bless Sue

Fizzy

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:40 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm 52 and have been getting hot flushes and night sweats for about 2 years now and have tried red clover tablets and black cohosh tablets at different times.  Both seemed to work initially but lost effectiveness after a while.  My doctor wasn't willing to put me on HRT due to high blood pressure and I would rather not go down that route anyway.  I was interested to read the comments about Starflower capsules and will give them a try though was a bit concerned to read about it thinning the blood as I am on dispersible aspirin for that anyway.  It is pure misery when they start and especially at night when I feel like a furnace!  It's good to read about everyone else's experiences. 

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »

Hi Fizzy - big Welcome to the Forum from me  :)

I would say it might be a good idea to check with your GP before starting Starflower if you are on blood thinners as it is known to thin the blood down a bit and you wouldn't want your flushes to be accompanied by nosebleeds as well  ::)

I do hope you are having a good day with not too many flushes - mine disappeared for a whole month after the return of my period after a 6 month holiday  :) but have just begun to make themselves known again. Mother Nature has a lot to answer for in my opinion  :beat: :beat: :beat:

Keep posting - you will find loads of support on here together with sympathy, encouragement and a great sense of humour  :hug:

Taz  :bounce:

Dotty x

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 11:28:32 AM »

novogen red clover tablets are great but take about a month to work, reduced my flushes by 80%

magdalena

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 06:40:44 AM »

I am quite fortunate with my hot flushes..........I only get maybe 3 or 4 a week, only ever on an evening and they are not too bad. I hope it stays that way..........its all my other symptons that seem to take over.

Libby Babe

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »

I haven't had a hot flush since I started taking the HRT.  I still feel generally warm most of the time but not having actual flushes.  Thank goodness for small mercies!
Libby

Rachau

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »

My new lady doc told me boil up some water put it into a jug place some freash sage into it with some lemon weges and let sit to go cold! She said it should help! I will give most things a go! I will let you know if it works! ::)

lorry

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »

Hi All
As a new member it is fantastic to see how you are all coping, or not, with hot flushes.  I have been having the flushes for years now.  Night time is the worst.  I toss and turn most of the night and everytime I turn over the bed feels like an oven. Most nights I sleep on top of the duvet until I start shivering.  Can't remember the last time I slept straight through.  Daytime is not too bad yet but as the weather gets hotter so will I. I usually carry one of those small fans in my handbag for emergencies.  Still, it's better than periods every month!! ;D

Fizzy

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2007, 06:51:31 PM »

I have been taking the Starflower capsules for a week now (2 x 1000mg daily) and have noticed a difference in my flushes/sweats.  They are definitely not as often or as extreme.  I certainly don't have as many during the day and can usually manage without turning my little fan on.  At night I am awakened about twice with sweats but again not as long in duration or as severe.  ;D

hotmomma

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

My new lady doc told me boil up some water put it into a jug place some freash sage into it with some lemon weges and let sit to go cold! She said it should help! I will give most things a go! I will let you know if it works! ::)
Erm do we drink this or pour it all over us to keep cool LOL :o

Rivadan

Sage Leaves
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »

I work with 2 other women and we are all going through hot flushes and all find that taking sage leaf capsules twice a day helps enormously.

Does anyone happen to know how long its safe to take sage leaf for?

Craft

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

I have found a supplement called Flash Fighters. Now I know the name is enough to put anyone off but I did find them in Holland and Barret when I was last in the UK.
Well girls they are actually working. They kicked in on the third week and I hve gone from having flashes every hour to hardly any this week and it is 35 degrees here most days.
It has several ingredients including: Black Cohosh, soya, Dong Quai, (sounds like that should be for the male menopause), and liquorice.
It recomends three tablets a day and I hve been taking two . As always these things do not work for everyone, but it may be worth giving it a go. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54