Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Wakened from sleep  (Read 12546 times)

jgr

Wakened from sleep
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »

On HRT for one year and been good so far with the odd blip which i can cope with.
Started to get the odd night sweat again and this morning it got me out of bed, with a racing heart, high blood pressure and very scary feelings.

I was only just saying to my oh that i had been feeling exceptionally well for a few weeks (teach me to keep my mouth shut).

Has anyone experienced this whilst on Evoril Conti patch?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wakened from sleep
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »

Did you have a flush after you woke suddenly?  Were you dreaming?

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »

I am on Ellesste solo have only been on it for three months so hoping its going to work but as for your horrible waking at night I get this often and have had it for a long time.I know its anxiety related because I also get an awful ringing in my ears when I try to get back to sleep.Unfortunatly my gp thinks that hrt wont work for this problem Im trying not to take anti depressents as I think anxiety is different.I do no how you feel and hope you don't have it for long .

ellie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »

Hi jgr, I am post menapause now,and not on any hrt now, but know the feelings that you are describing .......This happens to me especially when I am stressed about anything......it's horrible and scarey......perhaps a chat to your doctor would help?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

Some anti-depressant medication has been found to be useful in the treatment of anxiety.

jgr

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »

Thanks for your replies, sorry it had taken me until now to answer.

I did wake up with a sweat on CLKD, like the hot flushes i use to get before HRT.

After writing the post it all settled and i was able to go back to bed and sleep right through.

Hopefully it will not become a regular occurance, and if it does will speak to Dr.
x