Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37256 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2021, 01:26:00 PM »

OH was poorly last night.
We didn't know if he'd caught covid again, BEFORE he had the jab on Sunday.
So he got a test at work, which was negative. 🙏🏼 He drive all the way there to get it done by the manager, even though it was his night off.
But, he's suffered a really had headache, and a high temperature of 39:5 at one point.
He sweated buckets throughout the night, then about 5 this morning, the fever broke.
He's rang in, he's not going to work tonight, he's exhausted.
Still has a headache, but at least he's got no fever.
It says on the leaflet, you can have these symptoms after the vaccine, but it states MILD.
What he had last night, didn't seem mild to me. But I suppose everyone is different.
He's had a more sever reaction to it. 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »

I thought about him as I dropped off to sleep at 1.15 p.m., as I think it's probably due 2 him having had C-19 - do contact the person who administered the jab as well as filling in the yellow card, tell his GP etc..  Is he taking pain relief 4 the headache?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »

:thankyou:   Yes he has. He was asked before the injection to report anything.
We know he has antibodies already, he had that test done about 6 weeks ago, so whether it has anything to do with that, we don't know.

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »

Because I am nosy - I wonder how long anti-bodies last? 

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2021, 12:55:13 PM »

A fraudster claiming to work for the NHS injected a 92-year-old woman with a fake Covid-19 vaccine, City of London Police has said.

Detectives are hunting the man who charged the victim in Surbiton, south-west London, £160.

Police said it was "crucial" he was caught as soon as possible as he "may endanger people's lives".

Det Insp Kevin Ives described it as a "disgusting and totally unacceptable assault".

milly

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2021, 09:40:15 PM »

My father, who lives with us and is clinically vulnerable, had a phone call at 6 pm this evening and told to come now for vaccine.
Had it done, waited 15 mins and out., back again in 12 weeks.

I was so emotional watching from car as many elderly people, some with sticks,zimmer frames, holding arms , made their way into the queue at surgery door. It seemed like the blitz spirit somehow

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:05 PM »

Hopefully his arm won't be too sore.  At least he wasn't living alone so was caught by a scam. 

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »

A property investment company has offered GP surgeries £5,000 for unused coronavirus vaccine doses.

The Hacking Trust's medical division approached surgeries in Bristol and Worthing offering to pay the money to charity "or the staff member directly".

Robyn Clark, from the Institute of General Practice Management, said it was "just appalling".

The company, based in London, has apologised, saying its "good intentions" were "misinterpreted".

"The NHS is free at the point of access for everyone who needs it," said Ms Clark.

"What we felt this company was trying to do was jump the queue."
      >:(

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »

4 those who have the jab, please remember that it takes 2+ weeks B4 it really activates so keep to the rules: wash hands and wear masks. 

Katejo

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »

A fraudster claiming to work for the NHS injected a 92-year-old woman with a fake Covid-19 vaccine, City of London Police has said.

Detectives are hunting the man who charged the victim in Surbiton, south-west London, £160.

Police said it was "crucial" he was caught as soon as possible as he "may endanger people's lives".

Det Insp Kevin Ives described it as a "disgusting and totally unacceptable assault".

Apparently he paid her a further visit and tried to ask for more money.

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »

Dreadful!  How many more will people like him target ?   :'(

milly

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »

4 those who have the jab, please remember that it takes 2+ weeks B4 it really activates so keep to the rules: wash hands and wear masks.

You get paperwork after having the jab, and are told at appointment to keep social distancing as per gov rules, as we came out of surgery there was a Marshall reiterating the same.. hand, face, space.

Everyone trying their best!

Ju Ju

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2021, 07:41:57 PM »

My 93 year old mum hasn’t heard anything about getting a vaccine yet. I was hoping she would get before my Dad’s funeral later this month.

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:23 PM »

Surgeries are contacting patients depending on the availability.  As more vaccines come on stream more people will be called.  What does it suggest on your Mum's GP website? 

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2021, 01:20:35 PM »

They are telling us not to go out unless absolutely necessary - I feel a total 'locked behind front doors' in the offing until most have been vaccinated, to stop further spread of the Virus.  It doesn't kick in for at least 2 weeks after being given and many will remain carriers without being aware.

At least we have a large garden and plenty of housework to tackle.  But those without open spaces  :'(.  There's 2 B a question and answer session later ......... I suspect e-mail etc. will be overwhelmed.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24