Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37335 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2021, 02:57:05 PM »

I feel that they should have been 1st in line, regardless of age.  If Boris wants our kids back in School ?

Dierdre

« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2021, 09:50:55 PM »

Think we should have been at least next in line, i get mine next week because I'm in the 60-64 group anyway but school staff should be next. Actually schools have never closed throughout all lockdowns and this lockdown nurseries have been open as well as taking key workers and vunerable children. We've had over 90 children in school. We've been taking covid tests at home twice week to make sure we're not transmitting to others but it would have been nice to have been offered the vaccine before all the children and staff are back full time tomorrow.

Gnatty

« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »

I know the NHS website from Saturday was allowing 56 year olds and over to book online. I thought I would give it a try this morning - I am only 54 - and it let me book my jabs! So anyone out there my age, give it a go!

C.C.

« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »

You're fortunate! I'm the same age but here I won't be able to register until summer.  :o

Annie0710

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »

I know the NHS website from Saturday was allowing 56 year olds and over to book online. I thought I would give it a try this morning - I am only 54 - and it let me book my jabs! So anyone out there my age, give it a go!
I’m 54 and just tried and it’s saying I’m not registered at my Gp!

CLKD

« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »

Did U get a letter Annie?  Ring your Surgery? 

Annie0710

« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2021, 11:12:48 AM »

Did U get a letter Annie?  Ring your Surgery?

No I didn’t get a letter, I was going by Gnattys post

I will wait until my turn, I guess I’m next

I really have been stupid over my asthma though.  And I feel I’ve been lucky.  Initially I was put on a combination of meds to try to control my asthma (it’s allergy induced and my allergies are ridiculous ) I took myself off of them for a few reasons and went onto normal blue/brown inhalers.  I need to buy private prescriptions because I need inhalers here, there everywhere as I’ll never know when an allergy will strike.   The original meds I was given would’ve put me in the shielding category throughout these lockdowns and would’ve got me my jab earlier

My fault but I’m nearly there now

CLKD

« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »

How have you been though?  Have the blue/brown inhalers helped symptoms?

CLKD

« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »

last week:  Dolly Parton reworks Jolene for Covid vaccination

Country star Dolly Parton marked her vaccination against the coronavirus with a special rendition of one of her best-known songs.
Parton sang a reworked version of Jolene before she received her jab at a hospital in Nashville, Tennessee.

“Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, I’m begging of you, please don’t hesitate. Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, because once you’re dead, then that’s a bit too late,” the 75-year-old sang.

Parton was given a vaccine developed by Moderna, whose trials she helped to fund.

groundhog

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2021, 12:38:08 AM »

I had my vaccine a few weeks ago and was fine, so side effects.  What I didn’t have was any info about a follow up vaccine and so I posted on a local support group asking for their experiences because we had been asked not to ring surgery.  I had lots of very helpful comments but one negative one along the lines of how ungrateful I was for daring to ask about my second when most hadn’t had their first, ( I only had the first because I’ve got 2 stoma bags and an open wound after a botched hysterectomy). Anyway I ignored the troll but noticed a female had agreed with him and commented as such - I felt upset and then I realised she worked in my local surgery, she’s very vocal all over social media and seems to be the voice of the surgery.   The same GP surgery that totally failed my mother when she died, the GP refused to attend to administer palliative drugs, she died a horrible death . I complained and accepted their apology.  Then this happened , I was very upset and anxious.  I even tried to reach out to her snd say I was absolutely not ungrateful I was just asking a reasonable question - she blocked me.
Woild you be upset ? Or am I overreacting.  As she has blocked me I can no longer get the surgery’s important updates on their social media page because she writes most of them.
Last thing I need 😕 this will play on my mind 🙁

Sparrow

« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »

I had my vaccine a few weeks ago and was fine, so side effects.  What I didn’t have was any info about a follow up vaccine and so I posted on a local support group asking for their experiences because we had been asked not to ring surgery.  I had lots of very helpful comments but one negative one along the lines of how ungrateful I was for daring to ask about my second when most hadn’t had their first, ( I only had the first because I’ve got 2 stoma bags and an open wound after a botched hysterectomy). Anyway I ignored the troll but noticed a female had agreed with him and commented as such - I felt upset and then I realised she worked in my local surgery, she’s very vocal all over social media and seems to be the voice of the surgery.   The same GP surgery that totally failed my mother when she died, the GP refused to attend to administer palliative drugs, she died a horrible death . I complained and accepted their apology.  Then this happened , I was very upset and anxious.  I even tried to reach out to her snd say I was absolutely not ungrateful I was just asking a reasonable question - she blocked me.
Woild you be upset ? Or am I overreacting.  As she has blocked me I can no longer get the surgery’s important updates on their social media page because she writes most of them.
Last thing I need 😕 this will play on my mind 🙁

Write to your surgery Practice Manager.  If No joy I would look for another surgery.  This is totally unacceptable behaviour from health professionals.

We are very lucky with our surgery and doctors, to the point we are reluctant to move away from their catchment area. Everyone should receive care and respect from NHS services.  You are definitely not getting this.

Taz2

« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2021, 08:05:51 AM »

I thought that the card you're given when you have the vaccination has the second one shown on it? That's what's happened on mine and all of the people I know who've had it?

I agree the person's behaviour is unacceptable. My doctor's don't have a social media page.

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2021, 08:36:12 AM »

If you have your vaccine via your surgery you have to wait to be contacted about the date for your 2nd.    If you go via the nhs website you can book your 2nd one at the same time as your 1st.
That’s how it works where we live. 

star35

« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2021, 10:16:56 AM »

Same here.

Lalb1

« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2021, 10:48:02 AM »

I had my 1st vaccine on the 26th Feb, I'm currently shielding.
I had side effects 8 hours after I'd had it, luckily I'd booked it for a Friday afternoon so the side effects happened over the weekend.
I had gone to bed that evening feeling fine but woke up at 12 30 am with the shakes and shivers, had a fuzzy head and felt hyper 1 minute then rough the next.
Got up the next morning feeling really drained, achy over my entire body, pretty much like I'd been hit by a truck. No appetite, nausea, dizziness, bad head ache's and shivers.
Was like that for 2 days, also had the weirdest feeling in the arm that I'd had the injection in. It felt like it was super heavy and I couldn't lift it above chest height, it felt alien to my body for just under a week.
The week after the jab I felt super tired all the time.

I booked my jab online and booked the 2nd one at the same time. I had to travel to Sheffield for mine.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:49:53 AM by Lalb1 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24