Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37345 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2021, 11:19:39 PM »

I have mine next week, not looking forward to it as everyone who i know who has had AZ has been pretty ill afterwards.....i know, i know, i could be worse with Covid! Mine is because of clinical need, congenital heart disease.

On the plus side teen son said to not worry as he will do dishwasher and run vacuum round if i feel ill.....not sure i believe him ;D

Ellen May

« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2021, 01:17:48 AM »

I have mine next week, not looking forward to it as everyone who i know who has had AZ has been pretty ill afterwards.....i know, i know, i could be worse with Covid! Mine is because of clinical need, congenital heart disease.

On the plus side teen son said to not worry as he will do dishwasher and run vacuum round if i feel ill.....not sure i believe him ;D

My husband had AZ one last week and was fine. He had a slightly sore arm for a day or so but that was all. He is clinically vulnerable due to arthritis and medication.

I know of 2 people who were slightly ill afterwards but only for 24 hours and then fine again. Good luck with yours.

littleminnie

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2021, 09:10:37 AM »

I know of quite a few people who have had the AZ one.  Only one had mild symptoms, headache and aches but only for 24 hours.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2021, 09:53:19 AM »

I'm tired.  My arm aches if I lay on the vac site.  DH felt fluey for 1.5 days.  I took 'nurofen' for what may have been AstraZenica-related head ache or simply due to not taking enough exercise. 

My cousin reacted with 'flu symptoms for 2 days/nights.  Can't remember which jab she had.

dahliagirl

« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »

I have a friend who is convinced that it is to all do with hydration - make sure you are drinking plenty before and after - worth a go 🤷‍♀️

Also, paracetamol before you get the headache. (That has a good chance of working because you don't know if you would have had a headache or not, but it does work in situations where you know you will get a headache)

CLKD

« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2021, 11:37:29 AM »

Certainly I was extremely thirsty for most of Friday evening/through the night/yesterday.  I never wake for a drink in the night but did early hours Sat. morning. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »

The headache a friend had sounded very like the sort I used to get between pill packets, in my late 40s, which is why I gave the idea some credence.

It won't do any harm (unless you are going to drink huge amounts  ::) ) and it is worth a go if it reduces the worry a bit.

I will do it when I get it - I haven't had mine yet as I am not yet 60 so I will be after the ones with health conditions.  My husband had Pfizer, but I think we just get what our GP group get given - it varies.

Kathleen

« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »

Hello ladies.

I haven't come across any advice for treating post vaccination headaches but one of the scientists I follow is advising people not to take pain relief for a fever. He says the immune system raises the body's temperature to fight the virus so lowering it with paracetamol for example would not be helpful. Obviously no one wants to have such a high temperature that they have a seizure but if we can tolerate the uncomfortable symptoms caused by our own immune response we may do better in the long run.

Hopefully this is of some help ladies.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »

My GP advises Paracetamol for a fever - once the temp is raised it is important to lower it ASAP otherwise brain damage might occur if the body overheats.  One doesn't want to feel worse than those symptoms that side effects might cause.

Certainly the info that we were given in the printed information leaflet, or that was discussed at the time of vaccination and seen on TV was to take Paracetamol.

Which scientists might that be and why contrary advice? 

Sparrow

« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2021, 05:01:57 PM »

Hello ladies.

I haven't come across any advice for treating post vaccination headaches but one of the scientists I follow is advising people not to take pain relief for a fever. He says the immune system raises the body's temperature to fight the virus so lowering it with paracetamol for example would not be helpful. Obviously no one wants to have such a high temperature that they have a seizure but if we can tolerate the uncomfortable symptoms caused by our own immune response we may do better in the long run.

Hopefully this is of some help ladies.

Take care everyone.

K.

Yes, this is what I understand.  Fever is only a problems if it gets out of had.  It's just the body doing what it's supposed to.  Shows a healthy immune response.

CLKD

« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »

:bang: :bang: :bang:  So William visits a King's Lynn vaccine centre in an ill-fitting mask - what happened to stay at home etc.?  The rest of us are trying our hardest  :'(.  Boris, out and about.  What happened to stay at home .......... none are 'essential'.  The rest of us are shielding, isolating, staying at home, giving up visiting relatives etc.  :cuss:

lizzog

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2021, 01:38:28 PM »

Had my Pfizer vaccine Saturday afternoon and felt headachey. The headache has gone but I still feel so tired and lethargic. Not sure if that’s normal?

CLKD

« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »

Yep.  The body has been asked to form protection which uses energy.  My arm aches when I lay on it.  The itchiness has gone thankfully.

lizzog

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »

Interesting how some people get zero side effects and others feel rubbish

CLKD

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »

Bit like C-19 itself?  Mum slept through her symptoms. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24