Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dry eyes  (Read 3467 times)

Annie0710

Re: dry eyes
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »

My optician gave me hydro san (red)

I use Blephaclean wipes plus I bought a heated eye mask for bad times x

Limpy

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »

I have had meibomian gland issues in the past to the extent where I actually had a lump on my eyelid. Optician recommended regular use of hot pads applied to the eyes followed by massage of the eyelids to keep things working properly. Preservative free eye drops were suggested as well.

daisie

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »

thanks annie and strongkat ..im looking at getting an eye mask see how that goes now bought theazol duo eye drops couple of days ago.still feel dry and irritaded  at times but good to know what works for others x

Limpy

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »

I think a flannel soaked in as hot water as you can bear can also be used, instead of a mask which goes in the microwave. I have tried that but it did seem to get cold very quickly.

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »

thanks annie and strongkat ..im looking at getting an eye mask see how that goes now bought theazol duo eye drops couple of days ago.still feel dry and irritaded  at times but good to know what works for others x

My eye mask is mains operated, so doesn’t go cold and has 2 settings.  I’m on the ‘watch and wait’ list for tear duct plugging as my dry eye has scratched my corneas.  I’m doing all I can to avoid anything invasive being done x

Limpy

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 05:53:37 PM »

A mains operated eye mask sounds really useful. Definitely one for the Christmas present list.

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »

A mains operated eye mask sounds really useful. Definitely one for the Christmas present list.
They’re very reasonably priced.  I got mine from Amazon x
Pages: 1 [2]