Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: GP has prescribed Qlaira - Feeling scared and need encouragement!  (Read 53657 times)

CrispyChick

Re: GP has prescribed Qlaira - Feeling scared and need encouragement!
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »

Gilla, I'm so pleased for you. That sounds amazing, but yes possibly something cyclical still going on.

I'm not really noticing mine cyclical... More everyday. Sigh. But still. There are positives to this pill for me, it's just I'm struggling with the downside. Today is a bad day. But yesterday was a little better. Makes no sense.

Reb thanks for the iron info. I hear you on the dosage, however, without testing, I don't wavt to overdo it. I'm happy to take a lower dose supplement and see what happens. I don't think it is the root cause of all my problems, but be good if it helps.

X

MadameOvary

« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »

Gilla that sounds like a massive improvement. I'm really pleased for you.

Reb that's fascinating about iron. I take iron tablets daily but was wondering about stopping now that qlaira has made my period so much lighter. What you said about low iron actually causing heavy bleeding is really interesting. My daughter has sadly inherited my heavy periods and I worry about her being anaemic. She's as white as a ghost during her period and has fainted a few times  :'(

My good news is that the chemist got more qlaira in so I've now got another 3 months' supply.

RebJT

« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2021, 12:24:11 PM »

Hey

Madame Ovary, defo check the iron, the document I posted up thread about 'iron deficiency without anaemia' is vital reading, Hb needs to be 130 or above, and you need ferritin over 100.  I've been battling low iron for ten years, I feel like a new person now it's fixed, esp mood and energy.  Most GPs will do a full blood count if nothing else.  Crispy - I'd dig out your old results if you have access to them, the fact you are low D and low B12 is pretty much a dead cert that you need a good dollop of iron.  I'm still supplementing, and I've just had an infusion (on instructions of my doc) and will keep testing until I've had a good run of less bleeding and iron staying put, it's been such a nightmare I'm taking no chances.

Just checking in to say day 7 - I don't want to tempt fate but I feel great today, mood good, weight good - no gain, skin good (my skin LOVES estrogen!!), slept well, just feel like 'me'.  Spoke to my mum who said she couldn't believe how much better I sound in just a week! 

That said, that's the 2:2 week done, tomorrow we start the 17 days of 2:3 so we'll see.  I believe it's those 17 days that women top up with estrogel if they need to but that's a decision for another month, for now just want to see how I get on.  I am still implementing my disciplined thinking for all this, and doing my breathing and yoga and meditation.  I've also added an ashwagandha supplement on the instructions of my func med doc, meant to help support the adrenals and stop cortisol going on the wonk.

It's way too soon to say, but so far so good ....

Reb
x

CrispyChick

« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2021, 04:15:27 PM »

I'm glad it's going well Reb.

I don't have my blood results, but, given how I feel today, I suspect I'll be speaking to my gp in a week or so anyway... So I'll ask them. I'll start my iron spray when it arrives.

Today is horrific. Not fatigued, but my mood is off the scale pmt like. It's horrific.  It's gutting as this is the only pill  to have worked physically - no sir boobs, no migraines, no dizziness, no nausea, no poisoned feeling. But these moods... I'm so low and ragey. That's nearly 6 weeks...

Do I continue? My poor kids. Poor husband... And geez, my boss at work got it in the neck... I am so bad. This is how I felt with my real pmt the week before starting this pill.  >:(

Alicess

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2021, 04:31:06 PM »

When I started Microgynon 30 I also had very low nood, depressed even. After about 8 weeks it vanished completly. Apparently it has something to do with the halflife of the progestin, it needs to settle. Don't give up yet.

Alicess

CrispyChick

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »

Alicess thank you soooo much. That is so helpful.   :-*

Angelasurrey

« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2021, 05:01:05 AM »

Hi all

Sorry for the radio silence. It’s been a tough few weeks. On the personal front my Partner had to leave for 10 days and my daughter decided to stay up at  night. It’s  been stressful but sadly his mother passed away ( Covid). My son is still young and has been very anxious about it all . I’ve been with them alone during half term.
I’ve still had the peri symptoms. Mainly bad PMT sore boobs and low mood or getting cross With myself . Crispy chick I know how awful it is.

I’m struggling with peri  and the lockdown is more than enough for all of us on this thread to deal with . Homeschool is full on. I also feel guilty telling my partner How I feel .. as he’s just lost his mum ( Covid). He’s also wanting to support his dad so understandably focussing on him. I‘ve been feeling guilty as my parents are old too and haven’t seen them in months. I can feel the anxiety rising as I’m getting closer to my period.
Past  few nights I’m up from 3am. Have had bad skin and just feeling low on the self esteem front. The house is a complete tip and I know it’s a trigger for me. Feeling like a maid at times. Not getting much help with chores.

Reb, I’m trying A bit of meditation and yoga and keep telling myself this too shall pass.

So I started Qlaira early Dec so really hope it suppresses my hormones soon xx

Angelasurrey

« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2021, 05:04:32 AM »

Reb, I was looking into ashwagandha is it ok to take with the pill?

I will also look into iron xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2021, 09:03:28 AM »

Hi Angela.

You've had a lot to deal with. It is a really hard time. I'm sorry it's been so bad for you.

So you started qlaira in Dec, but still getting cyclical symptoms, like pmt... Or are you on your break? How's the rest of the month in terms of peri symptoms?

I've not had a good day yet. That's 6 weeks on microgynon. 2 days ago was the worst with severe pmt like mood. Yesterday my mood was a bit better... Go figure?!?! But I physically felt bad... Felt like I was getting a period... But I'm not as I've gone right through (and I never breakthrough bleed) so I'm guessing it's my own hormones still crashing up and down in the background. Sigh.

It's never ending, is it!? Have u had any relief from qlaira yet??? Maybe some of the ladies also on qlaira can offer some advice xx

Angelasurrey

« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2021, 11:53:47 AM »

Thanks dear. I know we all are having challenging times.Just lucky to have you all with the support thread. Hubby away again.

I get a lot of joint pain.My body is sore and sensitive. From mid cycle just feel rubbish.  Feel so worthless and so tearful. Also can’t seem to shift any weight? Bit that was piled on over the past year. If anyone has suggestions let me know.  The moods are the worse. I’ve been crying since last night and feel better for it.
Trying to practice gratitude and find the small joys in life.

My two day break is this weekend.

I really hope microgynon works if not are there other options for you? Xx

MadameOvary

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »

Oh Angela, it sounds like you're having a horrible time. Maybe you could ask your GP about additional estrogen?
Can you get exercise or is it too difficult while your husband is away and you're with the kids? I find even just going for a long walk helps my mood and also makes me feel physically better. I've been doing couch to 5k which, combined with the Qlaira, has really improved my mood and has helped with joint pain and how I feel about my body.
I've also been taking calcium and magnesium.
Sorry you're having such a hard time. Things will get better. Look after yourself x

CrispyChick

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »

Weird. 6 weeks in and the night sweats have started. Not a symptom I had whilst au naturale, but one I had on the last pill bwhich I got to the 3 month mark with.

I can cope with it. I'd take it over all other symptoms... Doesn't really stop me sleeping, just makes me feel cold!

I guess, the point is, it's only arrived at 6 weeks in... So things are definitely still changing...  :-\

Angelasurrey

« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2021, 03:58:00 PM »

Thanks MadameOvary

Thanks for your advice. I’m trying to get out for a walk daily . I’m feeling better now it’s day 3 of period. Joint pain has subsided and mood is improving. Xx

MadameOvary

« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2021, 05:42:09 PM »

Glad you're feeling better Angela - physically and emotionally.

My sleep has been abysmal. I'm feeling totally exhausted today and a bit flat. I'm nearing the end of a pack. I think maybe, like pmt, my sleep gets worse and my mood drops as I near the end of the pack.

CrispyChick

« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2021, 06:04:53 PM »

Madameovary, I've had a couple of abysmal days over the last 7...im 6 weeks in straight... So no idea where my old cycle would be at now. But defo had pmt on a severe level. Yesterday I was totally depressed. Mood has perked up now.

Also, the night sweats I mentioned a few days ago have gone again!!

I was awake most of last night with an aggitated feeling. Its defo all the hormones... Just jeep hoping one day it balances out.

It really seems to take so much longer for our bodies to adjust. In my 20s I don't recall all these start up issues 🙄
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33