Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Correlation between spotting and higher oestrogen?  (Read 515 times)

Bungo

Correlation between spotting and higher oestrogen?
« on: July 31, 2023, 08:32:40 AM »

Am late perimenopausal , 53 years old. Had periods upto January. On continuous hrt for a year( I asked to go straight to continuous as wanted utrogestan every night to help sleep). I have gluteal tendinopathy and facet joint syndrome which has caused pain most days for over a year, days worse than others. Ive had on and off light spotting since Jan. I had spotting for about 9 days ending 3 days ago. During these 9 days,.my pain levels were really low and a few days I felt pain free. As soon as the spotting stopped, my pain returned. I think I heard before that higher oestrogen causes bleeding so I'm wondering if my own oestrodial levels were higher last week and that's why the pain was low? On 2 pumps oestrogel at moment so wondering if should ask to increase to 3 to help with pain. Maybe it's totally unrelated but I found it curious how the pain returned when the bleeding stopped. Must try to see if similar pattern in future. Can't remember if was the same pattern the past 6 months

Dotty

Re: Correlation between spotting and higher oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 10:59:47 AM »

https://www.newsonhealth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Newson-health-vaginal-bleeding-audit-1.pdf

In this article by Dr Newson, she says there is no correlation between high doses of oestrogen and bleeding. x