Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Am I slowly dying?  (Read 3314 times)

loonarider

Am I slowly dying?
« on: November 29, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »

Hi all,

Stupid question since death is inevitable, but you get what I mean... :-\

So fed up, so fed up, so fed up.

So many symptoms I can't keep track anymore. Some leave and I feel great one day, then the next a new one is added on to the already exisiting symptoms - I can't live this way.

So last night, I was woken up shivering, heart racing and uncontrollable shaking it was quite extraordinary...My legs had a mind of it's own (restless leg?), hands shaking like I have parkinsons. Crazy! I was extemely cold and had no idea what was going on,but it was so scary. It finally simmered down after a good 10 minutes, yet my heart seems to have been racing all night and onset of nausea straight away. I have been constantly checking my pulse and no sign of pulse rate slowing. I've only had 2 hours sleep today, it's a nightmare.

I used to enjoy sleeping, but every night it's like death has come to visit me. Now I'm anxious just going to my bedroom.

I have a chest x-ray tomorrow and I'm truly convinced that they will find something wrong with m lungs and/or heart or cancer spread throughout my vital organs, I don't know, but I feel like my time is up. Something isn't right.

What to do, how to get through tonight. Will it be a repeat sccenario, I'm so frightened of the night nowadays. I miss the nice feeling of sleep and enjoying the comfort of my bed  :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:13:06 PM by loonarider »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Am I slowly dying?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »

We are all dying! 

Make a list of how you feel to take to the appt. and ask.  I used to dread going to sleep because of the nightmares  >:(

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »

Thank you CKLD and FrannyB!

You ladies have really saved me from myself on countless occasions. This forum is my life line seriously, just the responses make me feel comforted, and Franny, I will certainlly make my resting area comfy and ultra ambient and calm. As you said it might be a good idea to have some background noise - i.e. watch something light on the TV or radio or something until I nod off.

I guess I'm more sccared of what I can't control - for instance falling asleep and just jolting up with heart racing and trembling.

And you're right, if the X ray results are good, then that would be one less stress and I can be more focused on my wellbeing. I have tried anti-depressants, but got put off due to a terrible reaction - it was setraline. My doc is going to look at HRT with me, after she receives my chest x ray results :)

Than you! xxxx

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 04:18:33 PM »

Hi

Going through the same at the minute. I dread bed time as so scared of the anxiety feelings of dread that wake me anytime from 1.00am. I have been suffering same symptoms for 10 weeks now, only getting 3 hours sleep at the minute.

Upped my gel so fingers crossed it will improve.

ps I also think Im dying or loosing the plot... :(

Wx

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 04:22:27 PM »

Hi

Going through the same at the minute. I dread bed time as so scared of the anxiety feelings of dread that wake me anytime from 1.00am. I have been suffering same symptoms for 10 weeks now, only getting 3 hours sleep at the minute.

Upped my gel so fingers crossed it will improve.

ps I also think Im dying or loosing the plot... :(

Wx

So sorry to hear, but I don't feel alone knowing others experience the same.  :'(

What gel do you use?, as I would like to discuss options of HRT with my doc. Thank you, and I hope you have a decent nights sleep soon!  :-*

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »

Hi

Was on 2 pumps of Oestrogel but increased to 3 a couple of weeks ago. I sleep on the sofa at the minute due to panic whilst in bed.... need to improve soon. I am 61 post menopause. Was stable until 10 weeks ago.

Hope you feel better soon, this group is amazing

loonarider

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 04:38:32 PM »

Hi

Was on 2 pumps of Oestrogel but increased to 3 a couple of weeks ago. I sleep on the sofa at the minute due to panic whilst in bed.... need to improve soon. I am 61 post menopause. Was stable until 10 weeks ago.

Hope you feel better soon, this group is amazing

Wow, just like me, I have now started sleeping on the sofa for a bit - at least I can figure out a way to manage this. I miss my bed/bedroom. I'm only 43, so seems this going to be taking up a huge chunk of my life from now on.  Thanks again!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 04:53:11 PM »

I used to wake to see if I had been asleep!  I also woke with a jolt which sent me into deep fear.  Add to that nightmares  :'(

I can however sleep on the sofa when my brain needs to switch off, I can't fight it.  I have a blanket to pull over when I drop off as I hate waking feeling cold.  I can also sleep in the camper ;-) all day sometimes  :-*. Don't deny your brain sleep!

marge

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »

On occasion l wake up, usually from a deep, dream-filled sleep, with a feeling of absolute terror. I now know to immediately get out of bed and make a cup of tea to give my mind something to concentrate on.  It happens rarely, but that feeling of terror is completely overwhelming. Distraction does help.

Ellen May

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »

Oh poor you, this menopause malarkey is certainly no fun! I have just posted myself as needing help for the same symptoms.

I fell asleep easily last night only to wake an hour later feeling as though I couldn’t breathe which only increased my anxiety 😟. I find that walking helps me to calm down and relax, probably the only thing that helps at the moment.

Your appointment today will be fine I am sure, as lots of us on here have gone for various check ups convinced there is something really wrong only to find out it’s all fine.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »

I hate that sudden waking!  Cortisol mayB the causation.

loonarider

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »

Oh poor you, this menopause malarkey is certainly no fun! I have just posted myself as needing help for the same symptoms.

I fell asleep easily last night only to wake an hour later feeling as though I couldn’t breathe which only increased my anxiety 😟. I find that walking helps me to calm down and relax, probably the only thing that helps at the moment.

Your appointment today will be fine I am sure, as lots of us on here have gone for various check ups convinced there is something really wrong only to find out it’s all fine.

Yes, I tried distracting my self last night, and it really did help. I just potter about a bit in the kitchen, look at the plants, etc. Thank you and I hope your symptoms ease, it's dreadful.  :-\

DS68

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 10:51:26 PM »

Sounds like anxiety to me. I don't think there's a woman on here that's hasn't felt it on some level. I had it badly for some time.  It does pass and there are things you can do, I really found any type of exercise helped even a speedy walk or yoga. I also joined the headspace app to help me relax and I liked that.  I guess health anxiety is like a viscous circle and you can imagine symptoms and actually feel symptoms.
I'm sure that it's anxiety related and getting checked is important for your peace of mind and also to allow you to realise what it is and make a.plan to face it and fight it.
Really feel for you x your not alone even though it feels as though you are x keep posting and moving forward XXX

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »

I had Radio2 on my bedside radio for years, going back to the 1980s.  Helped enormously.  The landing light has been left on at night since my depression floored me in the 1990s. 

As an aside: no question or thought it stupid here  ;)