Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion  (Read 317 times)

loonarider

Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

Hi all,

I have recently read an interesting article about long covid. There is still a load more research to be done in this area obviously.

Anyway, I  believe I may have had covid back in March and ever since then have had a sore throat and cough that comes and goes since then to date, and really bad breathing issues to the point that even getting up from a seated position makes me out of breath - add to that chest pain that comes and goes and a racing heart beat that comes on especially at night.

Most recently (I think I had a seizure) after jolting up out of sleep with heart racing. My legs and arms were shaking uncontrollably, it was so strange and scary. I think it stopped after about 3 minutes.

Anyway, maybe my eye is off the ball and I'm chalking up all my symptoms to peri symptoms, but really it's long covid or a bit of both. The problem is that docs probably won't take it seriously if I mention it.

Check this article out and look at the symptoms. Fast heart rate, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and so on...

Does anyone else suspect long covid?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/health/im-a-covid-19-long-hauler-and-an-epidemiologist-heres-how-it-feels-when-symptoms-last-for-months?fbclid=IwAR10iZsSnnyxL-BsPRO0853WsaEdumGoC6TR3s6vQfUhY_iufmECpdB9tEA

loonarider

Re: Long Covid and Peri Symptoms Confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:32:41 PM »

You can pay for a test that can tell you if you have had Covid.
I think it’s quite expensive but might be worth it to settle your mind.
I have a friend who is suffering from long covid .
I think you have said you are suffering from panic attacks. Maybe after you have had your tests you might feel a bit more settled.

Yes, I was thinking of buying a test, may be worth it. At least as a process of elimination, what with all the symptoms I'm experiencing - it would certainly help.

Thank Franny! :)