Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Very confused - new to HRT  (Read 977 times)

JuliaPLx

• First Flush
Very confused - new to HRT
« on: November 27, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »

Hello Ladies
Apologies for the factual way of my writing but due to my brain fog it is the only way I can compose myself at the moment as I just cannot think straight!!
I started taking my HRT prescription 7 weeks ago.
This involves estradot patches twice weekly and Utrogestan 100g.
I am 47 years old and have not had a period for years.
I take the utrogestan 100g orally every single evening without stopping.  After 2 weeks I started bleeding heavily for a week which I thought was pretty normal?!  I have had no more bleeds but have started to feel incredibly dizzy and sick.  I am now worried that I am taking too much Utrogestan?  I've tried to speak to my doctor but cannot get an appointment.  Just don't want to go through the weekend feeling like this.  At the moment I just feel like not taking any more of anything but don't think that is a safe to just stop either.
I would really appreciate advice from you very knowledgeable ladies and thank you in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Very confused - new to HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »

Oh poor you!

MayB put the product names into the search box on the forum - make notes.

:welcomemm: hopefully someone will be along soon with more info..

sheila99

Re: Very confused - new to HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 09:58:35 AM »

You could try taking it vaginally, there are usually fewer side effects that way. If that doesn't work there are two options. You could try it cyclically so take 200mg for 12 days a month - you'll have a bleed but you can tell if it's caused by the utrogeston if you only feel bad when you're on it. Or you could carry on with 100mg continuously but take it every other day. This works best if you're on a low dose of oestrogen and should be done with medical supervision in case your lining builds up. How much oestrogen are you on?