Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Oh ERRRR  (Read 109942 times)

Jillymoo

Re: Oh ERRRR
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »

That's very interesting Taz.....I have always remembered that years and years ago (I was only a teenager at the time!),one of my mum's friends developed ovarian cancer and her surgeon told her after the op that analysis of the tumour had found grains of talc.He said that this wasn't uncommon,and that he firmly believed that talcum use should be severely limited by women,and never used in the genital/rectal area.

She sadly died at quite a young age,and it's something that has always stuck in my mind. I only ever powder my toes, and then only sparingly.And I never used talc on my daughter's nappy area either for the same reason.

xx

Hotnbothered

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »

My mum used to pay for a 'newsletter' type thing each week for a charity & I remember when i was young I read on it that they believed talc could cause cancer. I only put talc on my daughters tummy- Johnson's & not very much of it either.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »

Deoderants have been cleared in recent years too ..... it is important to know who funds any Research and who writes up the Reports .. Hubby has read Bad Science recently and there is a web-site too .......

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »

BUMP - found it  8)

Eddie

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

:o :o

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 01:55:09 PM »

We have a smell in this room we use as an office, can't locate it but Himself doesn't notice ....... so is it only here because I am  :D....... have checked the bottom of my slippers, [we keep chickens], have brushed the bottoms of the jeans, jumper is clean on ........... does smell ike an old dog pooh though  :(

Is it me?

Eddie

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

I can't smell it, can't be you.  ;) Eddie. x

coffee mate

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »

Theres still plenty of life in the old dog yet...........I know that has nothing to do with the subject but I just wanted to join in...sorry ::)
CM xx

coffee mate

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »

;D Thanks Larky,are you going to watch that new drama tonight "Marchlands"?

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

Hubby can't  smell anything unusual ........ will change my socks tomorrow to see if it's those  ::)

annieb

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 04:06:55 PM »

Just found this   ;D  ;D  Noticed I'm a bit more whiffy than I used to be,  - we have a Lush store in the city I've never been in as you can smell it from across the road and it's just TOO MUCH.
Having a bit of a boring day today so this has made me cackle and cheered me up no end. You all have such a great sense of humour!

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »

I hate strong scents and when I took the Pill I could only smell garbage or very sweet things, nothing really nice like roses ........

Witches Cat

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »

Until I hit Peri, I never used to sweat anywhere unless I'd been really active in the garden or something, never needed anti-poo, but then it all changed, I could smell myself but it wasn't unpleasant. I can smell things others can't and sometimes it's a real nuisance. Hubby can't understand why I go round the house like a bloodhound until I can pinpoint the smell and rectify it if needs be. But since starting HRT 10 weeks ago, I smell awful, like a bin that needs to be put out. Hubby can't smell it, but I can and I can't fix it no matter how much I wash. (and if I don't wash, boy oh boy)

Val.M

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »

Hi Witches Cat

Could it be your Sinuses are playing up??  Mine were really problematic when I went into menopause and can make you smell things differently.....

Failing that - I would suggest, Sure Maximum Protection - costs about £5 for a cream anti-perspirant but is really good :)  Got mine from Savers or Superdrug....

Valxx

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »

Oh I can smell whiffs around the house which Hubby swears aren't there  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16