Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Oh ERRRR  (Read 109693 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Oh ERRRR
« on: August 10, 2009, 03:31:55 PM »

I smell.  Not old lady smell but menopausal  :-\

Taz2

Re: Oh ERRRR
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »

Is there a  difference?  :na:

Taz x  :whist:

yogini

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »

Oh God. you mean it has a smell now!!  What does it smell like CLKD, can you describe it?!?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »

Menopausal  :-\ .. whiffy.  Not nasty.  But I can smell it ........... <lifts armpit>

Hotnbothered

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »

mmmm...not my armpits, but sure you can guess  :rofl: :rofl:

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »

:lol: 

Night_Owl

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:03 AM »

I would definitely say meno has a smell - well for me anyway the odour my body gives off has changed - in spite of a strict hygiene regime, just more musky, heavy - armpits and "elsewhere" - it was much worse on HRT though.  But that's just me.

Have tried all sorts of deodorants - Mitcham, crystal and the one without alcohol - don't seem to make much difference though.  Just another symptom of "the change" ...

Night_Owl
x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »

Yep - that smell is definitely musky. My OH loved it!! Since I went on HRT I have lost "that" smell - something that I think is great but he thinks is a shame  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

An anti-persperant might work more efficiently than a deoderant ........ anti- gets rid of the sweating and deoderant deoderises, huge difference in what they are designed to do.  Off to put on yet another T-shirt !

Night_Owl

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »

which deodorant do you find most effective? - none of them seem to deodorise me!  Mitcham seems to block the pores a lot and create a nasty barrier.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »

I only use an anti-persperant if we go to an event or if we are with a lot of people in a small space.  Otherwise I bath each evening and once dried put talc as and where necessary.  I tend to smell of old beds on waking but it's not unpleasant and Hubby can't smell me .......

Hotnbothered

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »

i use amplex, I get it from Superdrug, seems to work for me  :) I haven't got a very good sense of smell, so I think it works  ;D ....think hubby would tell me if it didn't & daughter certainly would  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

My musky smell came from all over though - back, breasts, legs etc - it was exuded by the whole body and not something that a deodorant could hide

Taz x

Jillymoo

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »

This thread kind of typifies exactly why I love this forum,and have missed it whilst I've been on hols!  ;D

Where else can we discuss everything without fear of being seen as outcasts? LOL

Seriously though,I have become aware of a slightly more pungent aroma 'down below',and as a result usually shower twice rather than once a day now.
Another thing I do....and this won't suit a lot of you because of allergic reactions etc.,....but I use a lot of soaps/bath bombs/massage bars from Lush,and I store them nestled amongst my knickers.The fragrance gives me a little lift,and hopefully helps to counteract that 'old lady' whiff that Lee Evans so hilariously talks of in one of his shows.....

When Nan is dancing at a party and lifts her skirt,there is a waft of unpleasant air,and you reach for the Glade !  ;D ;D ;D

xx

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »

Nice to have you back Jilly and I'm really glad that your hols went well.

As for the whiff - I would love to use Lush but you are right about the allergic reaction. Though they use natural ingredients it is the sulphates that cause me to itch apparently - like the sulphites in white wine! Funny that - have managed without the Lush but put up with the itch from the wine  ;D ;D ;D

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16