Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New - Help Please  (Read 766 times)

BevSkelcher

• First Flush
New - Help Please
« on: November 09, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »

Hi All,  I'm so confused, I don't know where to start, so sorry if this all comes across as waffle!
I am 47 years old.  I have been suffering intermittently for a few years now with Night sweats, tired all the time, and insomnia, along side the more frequent really bad headaches (which I had an MRI for that was normal) and now something in my head and ears that I can only described as congestion, but yet my nose is clear! I had a blood test some time ago now maybe a year or so and was found to be Vitamin D deficient so advised to take a Vitamin D supplement which I have been doing and had a repeat blood test and I was back within the normal range, however I continue to take them as I know that it is suggested that all people in England take a supplement due to our lack of sunshine!  although this seems to have made no difference to the way I feel, but as the norm I just left it and thought I would get over it.  Well it seems I haven't and its now starting to annoy me again, so once again I have requested help from my GP with the message that I am fed up of not getting anywhere and feeling like I do  :( I had a lovely long conversation with a GP I had never spoken to who seemed very nice (of course there are no face to face appointments at the moment) she has suggested that I may be going through the menopause, so will do some blood tests, although I explained I had one some time ago that was normal she suggested that just because the test was normal did not actually rule menopause out and even if these tests all came back normal it might be worth me trying some HRT, she advised me to read all about it on Menopause Matters and speak to her once my results were back,  I note that the blood tests I am having done tomorrow are, HBAC1, Liver Profile, FBC, U & E, ESR,TSH, FSH & Vitamin D.  I am then booked to speak to her next Monday 16th November,  Please can anyone shed any light onto what to expect following all this, or if anyone has any advice that would be great, oh maybe I should add that I don't have periods due to having an endometrial ablation about 4 years ago

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New - Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:39:41 PM »

Hi!  You waffle as much as you like, you will be in good company  ;)

Keep up with the VitD.  The blood tests that you had previously will be different to those for hormonal imbalance.  In the mean time, perhaps keep a mood/food/symptom diary so that you can chart how you feel, something 2 talk to the GP about. 

Make a list of what you would like to ease first.  Some GPs believe that one isn't in menopause until 1 complains of hot flushes and no periods but there are lots of symptoms that can creep up!

Some HRT can induce periods so that is something to consider.  Let us know how you get on.

BevSkelcher

• First Flush
Re: New - Help Please
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 03:40:37 PM »

Hi, Thanks for your reply, All my blood test returned normal, I did quite a bit of research and found whilst reading these things I was saying to myself "That sounds like me" My husband also said the same, so I have decided to give HRT a try following a telephone consultation with my GP today,  she has prescribed Evorel Sequi Patches for 3 months and review,  I would like to know if anyone has had this and what they can tell me about their experiences with it,  I am going to collect after work today and get started as I feel the sooner the better.  I think one of my concerns is Weight Gain as i have seen conflicting information as to how this has affected women

Look forward to some responses