Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie........any advice appreciated  (Read 785 times)

emmorolo

Newbie........any advice appreciated
« on: November 09, 2020, 08:46:56 AM »

Hi everyone ....another newbie here.......but so glad I found this site.....I now know it’s not just me..
I’m a 54 mum of four (youngest now15) .....and up until 5 years ago had always struggled with bad mood swings that made my life hell but which I thought was “just me” until I happened to mention this to a lovely lady doctor who I was seeing regarding a completely different ailment ...she put me on anti depressants straight away and she changed my life...as soon as I took them I felt “normal”...calm...
Anyway last September I changed jobs and I wish I hadn’t as new job started my anxiety off(had to leave job as couldn’t cope)..changed AD to accommodate my anxiety but now I have loads of menopause symptoms that my AD just don’t help
Achey joints ( this is the worst)..I can just about stand after a day at work
Irregular spurts of energy to not moving from sofa
Hot flushes
Weight gain...and more,!!!,
...should I think of HRT ..I’m having irregular periods ....not sure which what to do...?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:03:20 AM by emmorolo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie........any advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:00:58 PM »

Hi!

Sounds like peri-menopause from where I'm sitting.

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry, inside and out: scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina, skin ...... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains; hiatus hernia, reflux/indigestion/heartburn, frozen shoulder ..........

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful to chart progress.  Many have to stop work due to anxiety during The Change, be kind to yourself.  You may require HRT for hormonal upheaval as well as continuing with the anti-depressants which have helped thus far.