Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post hysterectomy menopause long term sweats.  (Read 3603 times)

19pondy55

• First Flush
Post hysterectomy menopause long term sweats.
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »

Hello all,
I am new to this site and I hope someone out there can give me some help/advice to ease my discomfort.

I am 65 and had a total hysterectomy 21 years ago. Obviously I had an instant menopause and was prescribed oral HRT.  This worked well but after 8 years I was strongly advised by my GP to stop taking it.  So, from the age of 52 to date I have been suffering frequent (quite often 10 to 15 in a 24 hr period), horrible sweats day and night and mood swings.  I can honestly say that they are no better now than they were 13 years ago. 

Does anyone know of anything that could help lessen these symptoms or is there an end in sight?

Thanks, Joan

sheila99

Re: Post hysterectomy menopause long term sweats.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »

Transdermal hrt is much safer than oral and the NICE guidelines now has no age limit. As you won't need progesterone your risk will be lower still. I'd see you gp, if they won't help ask for a referral to a menopause clinic. You don't need to suffer.  :welcomemm:

19pondy55

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 01:39:50 PM »

Thanks so much for your message.  I've been putting off contacting my Dr. (you know, don't want to make a fuss during these awful times) but it is really getting me down of late.

Thanks, Joan

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »

Don't put off contacting your GP! we need to make a fuss about how we feel regardless of C-19!! otherwise the worried well [us] will be swept under the carpet.  Make that fuss!  Let us know how you get on ;-)

:welcomemm:

19pondy55

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »

Thanks so much for your support.  I've got a phone appt. tomorrow so here goes!  Watch this space  :)

Thanks, Joan