Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Scan results - polyp?  (Read 707 times)

pricey

Scan results - polyp?
« on: October 22, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »

Hello ladies,

I just came off the phone to my doctor. She said the my endometrium was fine but there is what looks like a polyp in my cervix.  She said it is "a decent size". No sinister features on echo and seemed semi liquid but could be causing bleeding. Or it could be the two small fibroids.  The sonographer had said the thickening near my cervix could be due to bleeding. I asked the doctor if it could be anything else and she said no.  But then she said "oh, I said no rather quickly,  but no I'm not concerned." I then told her about the large clot I passed when I got home from the scan and she said that could be what it was and she was "even more reassured." She said she still wanted to refer me to the gynaecologist rather than re scan me to establish if it's the polyp or the fibroids bleeding - or neither. They can put a coil in while I'm there or discuss other options. I reiterated did I have any need to worry and she said "no, please don't worry".
But me being me, I am. She also said if the scan had shown anything urgent she would have been in touch much quicker.
Does anyone have experience of a cervical polyp?

X

Sage 🍃

Re: Scan results - polyp?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 12:26:31 PM »

Hello pricey, I had two small cervical polyps and never got rid of them. They used to cause breakthrough bleeding when I still had periods, but they have shrunken after menopause, at least that's what it seems, because they haven't been seen on scans, although I think a hysteroscopy is the ideal way for spotting them. I'm not on HRT, 4 years post menopause. If you are on HRT it's better to take them out during hysteroscopy, because oestrogen feeds their growth.

C.C.

Re: Scan results - polyp?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »

I had uterine polyps in the summer which bled once every 3 or 4 weeks, but I'm not sure how they behave differently from cervical ones? I had a hysteroscope and had them removed because of my age (54 postmeno) and the possibility of estrogen dominance.

As my doctor says, no news is good news  :)