Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Weight loss  (Read 4451 times)

Sage 🍃

Re: Weight loss
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »

Oh sweetie, worrying is normal, but highly overrated  :) I agree this has to be investigated, but don't think about cancer, losing weight is not the first symptom and certainly not the only symptom.  Maybe you have a persistent gastroenteritis? That nausea you had a while ago could be the bug upsetting your stomach. Many viruses are hard to spot in blood and poo tests. Extra hungry as CLKD says, means bug! You can also have a small gastric ulcer, sometimes they don't cause symptoms.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/unintentional-weight-loss/

:tulips2:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 08:53:30 PM »

Extra hungry for me means that my body is hungry ............  ::) because I haven't eaten at the 'correct' time for the amount of energy I have used. 

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 08:23:01 AM »

No,not on hrt ,not sure about the nausea,it lasted about two weeks,I had been on ABs a week previously and blamed them to start with but the nausea went on too long,I'd also had gerd and had that lump in my throat,so did a diary to see when it was at it's worst and it was coffee,so cut that out and no more reflux or nausea.Thanks uptick for taking the time to reply
The one other difference of late is more adrenaline surges,I've got that butterflies in my stomach feeling again,had this once before,a year or so ago and it died down,is that anxiety?
Thank you ladies,sage and clkd,got your pm franny....
Can you tell I'm grateful   ;D
Groundhog,I'd do anything to put the weight on,seems we're never happy doesn't it,sorry about your health though,that's horrible for you  :'(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 08:41:48 AM »

Yes Jay, the butterflies in your stomach suggest your on high alert and anxious.
It's because your stressing over not seeing me,  ;D but I'd have thought it should've been your OH who had the butterflies over the thought of seeing me, instead of you!  ::) 🤣😂🤣😂

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:17 AM »

:D. I HATE that feeling below my belly button  :'( like I'm going to chuck up.  Then my belly tightens and anxiety sets in.  I can't remember what excitement feels like.

Uptick

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 12:11:47 PM »

No,not on hrt ,not sure about the nausea,it lasted about two weeks,I had been on ABs a week previously and blamed them to start with but the nausea went on too long,I'd also had gerd and had that lump in my throat,so did a diary to see when it was at it's worst and it was coffee,so cut that out and no more reflux or nausea.Thanks uptick for taking the time to reply
The one other difference of late is more adrenaline surges,I've got that butterflies in my stomach feeling again,had this once before,a year or so ago and it died down,is that anxiety?

Thanks jaypo. I'm glad you're not on HRT, not that I don't like it, but it could be affecting your gastric issues by slowing gastric emptying and affecting gallbladder. What were the ABs for? Yes, two weeks is a lot of time to put up with nausea. Poor thing. I used to have nausea during migraine attacks, but once I got rid (hopefully) of H. pylori they have stopped almost miraculously, so Sage has a point, have you ever been tested or treated for H. pylori? It's a very common cause of unintentional weight loss and nausea. Maybe this is just an emotional issue (anxiety, depression, stress) and if there's something you're not comfortable to share in a public forum it's tricky to try to establish an organic, physiological link. Once the emotional issue has been dealt with, which is much more complicated, you could still have an organic imbalance going on. I've read your previous posts and noticed that you had the same issues a while ago, in 2018 and 2019, so maybe there's a pattern? Are you particularly anxious at this time of year? Stress, anxiety and depression walk hand in hand but they're not triggered by psychological issues only, in many instances they are your body telling you something is not right. And by 'something is not right' I don't mean anything sinister, it's probably a bug or a gut microbiota imbalance. I'm currently dealing with a big red patch on my tongue, apparently a very rare type of thrush, and I've had been on ABs in Feb and June this year, so I reckon they are the culprit. I had been diagnosed with IBS in my late 30's and now I think that maybe it was the H. pylori treatment that could have messed up with my gut microbiota. I'm on pre+probiotics and already feeling better, poo has changed dramatically. Sorry to digress, really hope you can figure out what's going on so you can have some peace of mind. Health anxiety is a vicious cycle and menopause seems to add fuel to the fire.

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 02:15:42 PM »

You're very kind uptick to take the time to tell me all this.
The ABs were for an infection in my finger,took a week and a half's worth to clear it. A few days later the nausea started.
I remember being bad in 2018, it's when I joinedthe forum,my anxiety was through the roof then,2019 I remember weight loss but it went back on quite quickly, I try so hard not to let anxiety get the better of me and the rather cheeky jillydoll has been through it all with me,it's good to have someone to vent to(thank you Jill :) )
I've not been tested for H.pylori,not even heard of it tbh,you would think my dr would suggest something!?
We are a right bunch aren't we?
Oh the only reason I'm doing the sibo test is that one of the bloods came back with too high serum folate which I believe is folic acid and the notes said,if this isn't a supplement causing this,test for sibo but the dr poo pooed it,I'm veggie so he said that's probably why my folic acid levels were so high,a good
 thing,in his opinion.
Thanks again for all your help,hope you too feel better soon xx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »

love it "The Dr Poo Pooed it" ...........  :D

C.C.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 04:44:31 PM »

Hi Jaypo,  have you had your thyroid levels checked recently?  Unintentional weight loss can be a symptom of hypothyroidism, as is increased anxiety.  Sorry if you have already mentioned this, but I thought I'd ask.

Hope you get this sorted out and start feeling better!  :foryou:

Uptick

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 05:05:42 PM »

Hi C.C., I think she said thyroid tests results came normal.

Jaypo, I think it's worth mentioning Helicobacter pylori to your doctors. It's a very common infection and it can become chronic over the years.
Interestingly, it can cause atrophy of the stomach lining, which impairs acid folic absorption and the body compensates it by increasing absorption of folate produced by bacteria in the gut, thus increasing blood folate levels.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Also: many GPs don't recognise thyroid 'within normal limits' as might be necessary to have further testing if symptoms continue!

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

Wow,glad I mentioned that to you,sounds like something,wonder why gp didn't mention it  >:(
I'll definitely phone on Monday and ask about it.
Thank you all xxxxxxx :-*

Kathleen

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 06:56:47 PM »

Hello ladies.

I understand that garlic has many anti microbial properties and some people say that eating it raw helps their stomach problems, they even recommend  rubbing it on the gums to cure gingivitis.

I have a bleeding gum atm  so I am putting  that theory to the test for the next couple of days.  You never know it might work and it's much easier that trying to see a dentist!

Maybe a Google search will turn up some interesting information.

Wishing you well.

K.

Jenna

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »

Hi Kathleen - I’d recommend Gengigel gel for your bleeding gum. You can buy it at a pharmacy.

Hope that helps!  :)

Uptick

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »

Good advice, Jenna.
Kathleen, garlic can lower fibrinogen levels, impairing blood-clotting and worsening bleeding. That's why it is good for cardiovascular health when blood clots are suspected.
Pages: 1 [2] 3