Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Weight loss  (Read 4269 times)

jaypo

Weight loss
« on: October 21, 2020, 06:47:59 PM »

Just wondered if anyone has had unintentional weight loss and if it could be meno related,I'm at a loss as to why I can't gain,I got a shock when I weighed myself,down to 10st 3 from 10st 9, I'm now eating double and still not gaining,I've had a full blood count ,thyroid,diabetes,pancreas,ovarian cancer count,liver,urine,tests,you name it,but apparently a clear blood count DOESNT rule out cancer,so of course I'm now panicking about that.
Can anyone relate?
Thank you xx
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:12:36 PM by jaypo »

jaypo

Re: Weight loss
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »

Franny,thank you,I seriously thought I'd come home after being away for a few days and have gained some weight but no,I ate like the proverbial horse and nothing.
It's so disheartening and puts me on a downer,health anxiety doesn't help either I suppose  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 07:16:33 PM »

How R your bowels ;-).  Also water weighs heavily.  A pint of water weights 1lb and a quarter? 

It may simply be an autumnal adjustment also, you've been working hard on that hall ;-)

Do you need a worming pill - seriously, have you picked up something from the kids?  If you are running round with them more often? 

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 07:45:14 PM »

Had a faecal test done too clkd,was normal,stopped drinking all the water too,maybe it's anxiety and I just don't know I'm suffering it,it's just reassuring to hear that someone else has had unexplained weight loss

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »

'within normal limits' for you then.  Think of all the exercise you've been doing in the last 4 months and that you actually haven't lost much overall.  Results are normal.  We take on fluid in our diet daily so don't need extra - if pee is straw coloured ...... it's OK.

Don't stand on the scales.  Keep a food diary?

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 08:39:50 PM »

Again,I've NOT been doing ANY extra exercise,normally I'd be running twice a week or on the cross trainer,I've stopped all that too because I don't want to lose any more  :-\

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14:15 PM »

I hate you lol. ( joking xx)
I have no colon, and a damaged small bowel. I have 2 stoma bags.  I can’t eat normally and get about 1500 cals a day.
I’ve put ON 3 stone since my botched op and hate it.
If yiu are healthy try not to worry xx

Uptick

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »

Hi jaypo, any unintentional weight loss must be investigated. You had a lot of tests but there are many other tests out there. Can you think of any other symptoms?

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

Nothing really uptick,I've had every test done,the only test that hasn't been done is one for SIBO which is bacteria in the gut causing malabsorption,so I'm doing that one myself,don't think you get it on the nhs,when I mentioned it to the dr,he said weight loss wasn't a symptom but it is,I looked on the nhs site  :-\

Uptick

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 06:40:41 PM »

Yes SIBO can cause weight loss but usually after you had a lot of other digestive symptoms such as bloating, wind, nausea, constipation or diarrhoea, pain, fatigue and anaemia (in more extreme cases). How's your poo?  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 06:57:04 PM »

Always had issues with my gut,wheat intolerance which was misdiagnosed as IBS,30 years ago. I do have bloating,really bad nausea a couple of months back but now,I'm generally feeling ok,Health anxiety may be playing a part,just don't know  :(

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »

Also - if you aren't exercising as much/often muscle loss may be the reason?

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »

I was thinking that too clkd,think my head may explode trying to suss it all out  :-\

Uptick

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »

Always had issues with my gut,wheat intolerance which was misdiagnosed as IBS,30 years ago. I do have bloating,really bad nausea a couple of months back but now,I'm generally feeling ok,Health anxiety may be playing a part,just don't know  :(

So you had other symptoms. Anxiety can cause weight loss through decreased appetite, but you said yours is okay. Muscle loss could be a reason, if you had already lost most of your fat, which I don't think it's the case. There are only 2 'normal' ways of losing weight. It's either to decrease calorie intake through diet or increase calorie burn, through exercise or a shift in metabolism, by correcting hormonal imbalances. Do you know what was causing nausea? Are you on HRT?

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »

Of course you're worried. But how does your body feel?  R U extra hungry?  Dehydrated?  R U sleeping ..........

:foryou:
Pages: [1] 2 3