Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie - just started & looking for help with Evorel Sequi & Conti  (Read 1486 times)

AlexaMagralexa

• First Flush

Hello everyone, lovely to e-meet you all...

I am a 50 year old woman, who has just started on Evorel Sequi (50) & Conti....my periods were very irregular, and almost non existent and the GP confirmed I was peri menopausal after blood testing.)

I'm on 4 Sequi patches then meant to take 4 Conti as per the box (but foolishly opened a 2nd box, long story) and got into a muddle!   :-\

To cut a long (and boring story short!)  I have taken 6 Evorel Sequi patches, so have had 2, too many.  In theory an extra week.

I took Evorel Conti on Wednesday which is my normal change day and, the changed to my 2nd Conti patch today.   I feel quite flu-ish, have hot flushes at night & at times feels shivery.
I wanted to know if anyone else ever felt this way when starting out?

Conti seems to get bad press, and taking two extra patches of oestrogen probably hasn't helped. 

I'm trying to feel positive, as I've only just started, so wont have much in my system yet, but life is difficult emotionally at the moment and I don't want to feel over whelmed by this now.

Thank you, I hope someone is kind enough to reply xx      :-*

Js

Re: Newbie - just started & looking for help with Evorel Sequi & Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »

Hi Alexa

It’s all very confusing I know when you first start on hrt but I started on the evorel sequi then went on to evorel conti but not sure why your taking both at same time . It can take up to 3 months to feel any affect so you can still get meno symptoms flushes hot sweats etc but the patches are easier to control I find and prefer them to tablet form as I can’t take tablets . Have you asked why you have sequi and conti I change mine on a Sunday and weds and it does help with flushes and hot sweats . I am actually trying to come off it now as I’m 61 been on them for 10 years but getting the hot sweats back now as I’m reducing as you can’t just stop taking it you have to reduce slowly give it a chance if you are not happy go back to the doctor with any questions having flu like symptoms doesn’t sound like anything to do with hrt the conti patches are a combined hrt as is sequi as you must have the combined if you have a uterus to,avoid problems . Hope you will get relief once it settles down

Js

AlexaMagralexa

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »

Thank you Js, yes I will see how I go...I need to give them a chance to settle.   
I take 4 of the Evorel 50 over two weeks, and then 4 of the Conti, but will go back to the GP if needed..
Good luck to you too x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »

:welcomemm:  Within 24 hours of taking my first 'tamoxifen' tablet I had 'flu symptoms.  Also hot flushes can feel like 'flu.

We often get into muddles, we have a whole thread: doing stupid things : continue with the regime now - maybe keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would be useful.

Let us know how you get on. 

AlexaMagralexa

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 12:55:36 PM »

Thank you CLKD...thats really helpful and a fab idea... all a minefield at 1st  x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 05:00:49 PM »

It sounds more like a bug to me. Keeping a diary is a good idea so can see if you feel bad on the conti patches in which case you might need a dirrerent progestin. It's early days yet, you really need to give it a bit longer.