Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: A 'bubble' means what ?  (Read 1621 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
A 'bubble' means what ?
« on: October 16, 2020, 03:24:36 PM »

I thought that a bubble was formed by meeting the same people on a regular basis .  For a while it was allowed in the home, now it's 6 outdoors.  These could be family or friends.

I get more and more confused and I don't think it's meno-brain!  I was talking to someone today who has 2 others in his car 2 transport them to work.  They work in the same business but not in the same areas.  They go home to their various families at the end of the day.   :-\.

They are in a car on a 45 mins. journey twice a day.  Some of the managers at the site R on isolation or have been confirmed as C-19 +ve.   Apparently because there are several 100 people in this job that are spread over a 5 mile site ........... rules don't seem to apply. 

It is obvious that those being transported by coach to and from food processing plants are vulnerable ....... every day there are reports of more people in the food industry becoming infected.

littleminnie

Re: A 'bubble' means what ?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »

So you can have a maximum of 6 in your bubble?

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »

???   ............

le giro are in bubbles but there are a few +iv cases  :-\

If the whole of the UK were on the same page might help!!

C.C.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »

I never know either.  We used to be able to have 10 people in our "bubble" but now things are reverting, I'm not certain what the bubble means anymore. 

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »

Ideas are altering without much scientific background almost hourly  ::)

Salad

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 11:09:44 PM »

We have bubbles at work. I’m included in a bubble in the Department I work for. I would understand this apart from the classroom I actually go to and teach in is in a totally different building. Madness... ::)

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 06:29:17 AM »

It is obvious that those being transported by coach to and from food processing plants are vulnerable ....... every day there are reports of more people in the food industry becoming infected.

The high incidence in food processing plants is thought to be caused by the combination of low temperatures and hard, non porous surfaces. New testing has been carried out on how long the virus remains on surfaces such as stainless steel which in cold conditions can be as long as 28 days (small study). The virus loves the cold.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 07:54:06 AM »

Tnx. 

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »

Apparently The Barbarians enjoyed 2 nights out in Mayfair this week - did they really think that the bubble in the Hotel travelled with them to the Pub.  :bang: :bang: :bang: 

If I were in charge they would be sacked instantly and Pensions withdrawn from the end of this month.  It's meant that tomorrow's game against England has had to B cancelled. 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »

Bear with me - a relative works in an industry that is static but means that he needs accommodation each week.  He lives in London and rather than commute due to C-19 etc., the company puts their workers into B&B.  So far so good: but they don't use the same B&B so he never knows from 1 week to the next where he will be living; currently he is 40 miles from site [not green then]; the company only pay half the weeks rent .......

a) why are landlords accepting itenertent workers
b) isn't this how C-19 is spread?
c) Duty of Care gone out the window ........

I've advised him to dig in his heels and point out that there is a risk to all workers; his manager was sent home, the manager above him has been confirmed +iv and relative had 5 days off until his test came back, fortunately -iv - they had all been in contact during working hours.